xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ryan1405241476

Make Your Own .PDF For Free

This thread is old but I would like to still give some input.

If you are using Windows, you can download CutePDF. Prints to a PDF file. And it's for free.
And you do not need to change your OS which will cost you ages if you have lots of applications installed.

If you are using Linux, you can install CUPS (Common Unix Printing System) with the CUPS-PDF driver. You will then be able to print using a fake printer but outputs to a pdf file. The new OpenOffice really looks good and also allows you to do the same. And it comes with in Windows version too!

With MacOS-X, they just have thought about it for a long time. It comes with the OS. :P
And OS-X just works like a charm... And it comes free with the hardware, doesn't it?

Just my two cents! :rolleyes:

thanx for the tip ryan

Well, current OpenOffice and Microsoft Office versions can save as PDF files, also, you can print any file to PDF using tools like PrimoPDF, you can get it here:

http://www.primopdf.com/

If you can print a document with a software, you can print to PDF, as PrimoPDF acts like a printer, but it outputs you a file, it's a Windows versions software, but I bet there are plenty such of type of software which can output a PDF from a print on Linux and Apple. :P