xisto Community
banjosforpeace

Advice On Eliminating Audio Noise, Please?

Yo! I solved it.I had the same problem, usb fan and mobo cross chatter.Solution I used:Fyi I have windows 7 and am using a realtek on board hd blah blah blah comes with every acer.Isolate your power supplies ground. To check quickly (and somewhat dangerously, please only do this temporarily) if this will solve your problem: Ground lift your computer (this means either using plyers on your power cables ground plug (the big one on the bottom (depending what country your in) and ripping it out) you can use any extension cable instead and ripp the ground off this as well and just plug you computer into it, this can be used as a tool to check if your problem is ground noise.If this solved your problem continue reading for a safer method.Using a regular grounded cable, make sure your computer is not plugged into a power bar, but instead straight to the wall, if you live in an old house you may even want to wire your own power from an outlet close to your breaker box (this is the shortest route to ground). If the problem comes back you can even go as far as redirecting the ground wire off your regular wire this means you have to strip and reshield/insulate it(plug it in wherever at this point) throw it outside your window (assuming you have windows, sunlight is a good source of vitamin d and this is important because we now drink grain fed cows milk instead of grass causing a shift in the nutritional values in milk... Blah blah blah) take this wire and stick it deeper in the ground than you got your pride stuck in a high school locker thanks to O Doyle.Other suggestions:-usb bleeds chatter by means of crappy cabling (or cheap because we don't need a high quality analog signal for digital transmission) remember those pink and green ports in the back of your computer? try and use them.-again on the usb topic if you have usb ports next to where you plug in your audio jack try not to use those, or move the lead up cables for the usb ports away from your audio card (if your using on board audio this may not be an option).-DUST! nuff said, avoid hot showers as your skin will be drier and shed and therefore cause more dust (assuming you shower).Why this works for other reasons than your sound card being screwed up:-your computer makes a lot of noise on the ground wire if your sound card was working fine and it was only the computers ground that was making the noise then if you plugged your stereo power into the same power bar as your computer your stereo would make extra noise, (holy cow my mind just exploded). This of course works the opposite way meaning that whatever your computer is plugged in with will also create noise for the computer.-DUST! nuff said, avoid hot showers as your skin will shed and therefore cause more dust (assuming you shower).Hopefully we can all put this behind us, I've run into this problem before I came to this site seeking help and for the most part (other than the usb suggesting, and shielding suggesting heroes) you all assumed the guy was dumb, and didn't have anything else to do but offer a "buy new stuff" solution. I don't want to buy new stuff, I bought great stuff already and my wallet shouldn't make up for my brain (although it does).Reasons to do this other than sound quality:-Longevity of digital equipment. (computers need silence too)Other solutions:-Most sound cards now have optical out, if you don't want to buy a new one and have a stereo that supports the optical feature, use it, this should get rid of the problem.-Already mentioned was external sound cards, someone said they still had the same problem with this and the only solution was to unplug his laptop, I just want to mention that this is where I got the ground being a problem idea, thank you my muse may your life be fruitful and without noise.This guy proves my point that clean power makes a difference. Unplugging your laptop is the same as ground lifting at this point you'd only be hearing the sounds your computer itself was bleeding into itself.-Power conditioning buy an uninterupted power supply (this will protect your computer from surges or sudden drops in power) or a conditioner. I'm not sure how these work (I assume they convert ac to dc then back to ac with a quartz crystal as the timer for 60hz, not sure though.)More solutions would be helpful, feel free to dump this on other forums of the same topic and see how it works for them. If it worked for you email me at:Jaredgrm@gmail.ComKeywords:

Thanks - you have saved me from insanity!Advice On Eliminating Audio Noise, Please?

I fixed mine on Win 7 (x64) Also an Asus P6T SE by going to Control panel > Sounds > Playback tab. Then double click Speakers > Click Levels tab and reduce the slider for PC Beep to minimum.

I am only using 2 front speakers on my PC, I then found by dropping the sliders for all the surround speakers that I don't use to 0 I could then turn up the PC beep and not have the annoying beeps / pops etc.

-reply by Paul

Have RealTek HD driver playback popping and hissing sounds.Advice On Eliminating Audio Noise, Please?

Hi everyone,

I am having a different issue all together. I have a 10.1" Acer Emachine laptop running RealTek High Definition audio drivers. I am computer musician that for the time being exclusively uses a ejay.Com music creation program called Dance 6.What happens during playback is I get this horrible popping,scratchy and hissing sound feedback when I touch the playback button.

Installing new RealTek audio drivers does not seem to fix the audio problems I am having here.I am sure that it is Windows 7 starter 32 bit related somehow in conflict with the music creation software.

I have also tried controlling the sound card properites to no avail.

Anyone have suggestions?

-reply by Jonathan

Audio Feedback IssuesAdvice On Eliminating Audio Noise, Please?

I am running a Dell Inspiron Laptop and was curious about something.  We run music from iTunes through our soundboard and were getting feedback when the laptop was plugged in with the charger.  I eliminated this by getting a LTI-100 Laptop Interface with groundlift.  I am trying to record the sermon on the same laptop but when I plug the input in from the soundboard I get the same feedback through the speakers I was getting before I got the interface.  Does anyone have any suggetions to help with this problem?  I tried using a direct box from the board into the laptop but the signal seems to be to weak for Audacity to use.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  God Bless!

Solved it and rather cheap method tooAdvice On Eliminating Audio Noise, Please?

But one of those plastic multi plug that you uses to plug stuff in while on holiday...I have a round one which turns into about 10 different types of plugs...Mine has a UK plug in and a UK plug out which seems silly but the point is the uk plug out has the earth pin as plastic...I was trying alsorts to stop this noice with my usb focusrite sound card...Pluging my pc in via the adptor sorted it in an instant! the adptors are about £10 each but it's well worth it

-reply by Rich T