xisto Community
banjosforpeace

Advice On Eliminating Audio Noise, Please?

I had the same symptoms, scratchy noise when scrolling etc, with an old PC and Windows XP with a SB Live Sound cardI had noticed that the PC was running rather slugish and decided to reinstall Windows, for some reason this fixed the sound scratch. I suspect the sound card drivers or the order in which the drivers were installed, caused the problem. Unfortunately I couldn't recreate the fault to make sure.Seeing your other thread, if the power supply is under 1 year old you should be able to claim warranty on it still. Oh and on second thoughts, rather don't use that same model "cheap" PSU in your computer, I've never heard of fans breaking their fins! It also sounds like there was a ground problem from the PSU, however the 2 faults would seem to be unrelatedHope this helps

I have the same problem, u cant here it with a normal stereo hooked up but as soon as u hook up a pair of studio monitors its horrible! I have found the cause on my problem..... USB because there is no earth on USB all this crap noise is floating throught it. I however have a USB sound card which I dont think u do so I dont know if this will be any help. But try disconnecting everthing USB and see if the noise goes away? I have just figured this out, my problem now is what to do about it. With no firewire port or exspation slot it looks like im fkt.. Unless there is a device to denoise/ground USB, anyone????Why is it that I only find this out £1500 later after buying:HP TX1000Edirol UA-101Rubicon R5asfor FAKS Sake!!!Signed:A rather pissed off producer

Advice On Eliminating Audio Noise, Please?Advice On Eliminating Audio Noise, Please?This all started with the statement that the noise dissapears when the power cord is removed from the laptop. How could it be the laptop or anything with the laptop?It sounds more like a power adapter issue, grounding problems even if the computer is the only thing connected to a surge protector. Has anyone tried using another power supply adapter?--STEVE-reply by steve

Although an old thread, people might still be reading this to find solutions to their problems. I've had the exact same problem mentioned above/below. The speakers tell me when I moved my mouse. My line-out is adjacent to the USB port where I connect my mouse. I disconnected the mouse USB and reconnected (to the same port), and voila. Problem solved.

HTH,

mouse.

-reply by mouse

i cracked the problem on my laptopAdvice On Eliminating Audio Noise, Please?

I've had this problem for a couple of years now and a guy I know also has had this problem but for even longer and iam delighted to tell you that I've figured it out!!

my laptop was plugged in to a multiplug adaptor (just a standard extension) along with other things like mymonitor and my amp etc., but also my tv. it has been faulty recently and I've had it unplugged for the past 24 hoursto see if would make a difference. during these 24 hours I hadn't noticed that the sound had stopped, untill that is,I plugged the tv back in! it's simply due to one of the other devices. try the laptop direct into the socket or at leaston it's own in the extesion.

hope this works for you too!

pete harbottle

-reply by pete harbottle

Fixed noise problemAdvice On Eliminating Audio Noise, Please?

Ok so I understand this may be very old topic and a very late answer.  I hope this is an answer for some people.

My problem... mouse movement, moving graphic of any sort on screen, as well as hard drive activity; would all make my speakers hiss, whine, buzz, tick, and make al sorts of strange noises.  It was as if my speakers were sounding out everything that went on insided my computer.  It was quiet but irritating.  Strange to say the least.

I had the exact same problem before my current ASUS P6T. Both situations were with onboard sound.  On my older ASUS P5B motherboard, the situation was fixed by installing a PCI SoundBlaster X-fi and turning off the onboard sound in the BIOS.

My set up (or things I consider key elements) = running Vista and a Realtek onboard sound.  Although I suspect this may be an issue with other set ups too.  -- Considering the shear number of posts out there on this topic.

My solution was this:  Control Panel > Hardware & Sound > Sound > Manage Audio Devices.

In the Sound Dialog Box under "Playback" tab double click Speakers.

In the Speakers Properties Dialog Box under "Levels" tab > click mute button beside "PC Speaker".

Like magic my problem was fixed.  I cannot answer as to why or what exactly this changes.  But it was just like turning on the lights in a room.  Click and it was fixed.  Go figure.

You may also try the mute button beside "Microphone".  Enough research around the net and you will find this has also worked for some people.

IMO, the Realtek onboard sound is the issue.  Hope this helps...

The Pizza Repair Man

Audio noise on laptopAdvice On Eliminating Audio Noise, Please?

I has the same problem. If I try to hear computer audio output through a little amp (Marshall MG15) I can hear every mouse displacement, hard disc turn, and so on. It's related with the power supply cause if I disconnect the computer from the electrical grid (works with internal battery) noise decreases a lot. I'll try to connect the computer in a different socket.

Regards.

-reply by Luis C. Pérez Tato

thanx a lot!Advice On Eliminating Audio Noise, Please?

Thanx a lot! it was fixed and it was starting to drive me nuts! I thought it was gonna mute everything and tried and then yeah, JUST LIKE MAGIC

hahah thanks for taking your time to help us alll in this :) I'm probably never coming back here again but thanks!!

-reply by theBeorn

I have the same problem. I get a 'hiss' from my TV speakers when I connect my laptop to the TV (so that I can use my TV speakers for louder audio). Yes, the irritating 'hiss' disappears when I disconnect my laptop from the power source and run it on battery. But, irritatingly, the 'hiss' returns when I plug my laptop back into a power source (even if its a different power socket far away from the TV's socket). Its quite possible that the entire flat's grounding is funny.

-reply by Feroze

Amazing!!Advice On Eliminating Audio Noise, Please?

This suggestion completely fixed this very same issue for me and it was exactly as you said--exactly like flipping a switch.  I was amazed and delighted as I have been searching for the last few days to find a fix.  Just got this pc and was very worried it was something more serious and wasn't looking forward to what it was going to mean to try to fix it.   Thanks tons !!

-reply by rebound

Thanks a lot for posting this remedy.  It worked perfectly for me.

Control Panel->Sound->Playback->Speakers->Turn down PC Beep

I also have an Asus P6T (SE version) and this muted setting alleviated the odd mouse movement/video card/hdd generated noise.  Odd that it's turned up by default though.

Also another related fact is that I had no such problem when I had XP installed and this problem started when I installed Windows 7.  I guess PC Beep was thought as seriously important in this upgrade...Hah.

laptop noiseAdvice On Eliminating Audio Noise, Please?

Yea I've got the exact same problem, it's so weird!

I've got aToshiba laptop, and when I hook up my laptop to monitors, there's thisHorrible noise coming out of it.. And the strange thing is that it evenHappens when I use a usb-audio interface.. Turning down the volume onThe interface doesn't change a thing.

The only remedy I've found so far is unplugging the laptop's power adapter. But that's not really a convenient solution.

ITried messing around with the audio settings but nothing´s helped soFar.. I´ll definitely be following this thread to see if anyone comesUp with a better solution, ill let you guys know if I find out anything:P

-reply by BW-001

Fixed it for meAdvice On Eliminating Audio Noise, Please?

Thanks for this as it fixed the weird, scratchy, background noise from my speakers.  I also have an Asus motherboard (P6T SE) and this problem only began after I installed Windows 7.  Everything sounds as it should now.  Thanks again.  

-reply by Toothhermit

Received my PC today after Windows 7 Professional was installed and everythime a windows pops up accompanied by a tone this converts partly to scratchy noise and do experience the same after each star-up and during Windows Media Music Playing..

Believe it definitely has to do with the Tones as the Vista 32 bit I  have on a different drive in the same computer works great.  All this started after the Graphic/Audio Card was removed and installed one step down in order not to get too much heat but it's only Windows 7 Pro on a different drive in the same computer.

Could you please help me out as I tried anything which comes to my mind.

Thank you

Alfredo 

When I go into Playback, the only option I can choose is Speakers/HP properties and when I go there into levels, there is no PC speaker only Speaker/HP, Beep and Microphone.

Beep and Mic are on mute already. But whenever my coputer is charging, the noise is TERRIBLE.

What can I do???