xisto Community
l337 Nurse Pedestrian

Hot Debate: Your Views On Gays & Homosexuality ...

I disagree gay marriage, because it is much more like taking drugs... It is a bad habit and you know people wanted to do everything that would make them happy whatever the cost maybe. This issue as to be studied, tested, cross examed, and simulated. But this processes may not be enough due to the randomness of the way things go. But if we think from a simple view it really has no good effect or advantages. It invites unnaturalism towards the human are built to be. Humans never existed to stay in a minimum number, can both sexes reproduce? It is against human nature, and the effects can be devastating. It is okay to be gay but is it okay to marry? It is like a banner showing to the next generation, try this you'll like this. You see it's much more like taking drugs, you know it can never have good effects but it feels so good. Gay marriage is more like fencing, you never got what normal marriage feels and never enjoy your gender. If you want to build gay community please don't display it to the next generation it deminishes the quality of life the future generation will experience. It is good to have relationship, but marriage? What is the definition of marriage? Union of man and woman. Let's not term it as marriage let's use forbidden relationship. What will you trust? your mind or your comfort zone?

It invites unnaturalism towards the human are built to be. Humans never existed to stay in a minimum number, can both sexes reproduce? It is against human nature, and the effects can be devastating. It is okay to be gay but is it okay to marry?

Um... you seem to have some weird idea that homosexuality is contagious or otherwise spreadable like a disease or like drug using behavior, in that it is somehow addictive.

This is not true. It is not contagious and it is not addictive. Nor is it 'unnatural' as so many people put it. It appears to be completely natural, with homosexual animals being relatively easy to find. Even sweet gay penguins. Penguins that even have a clean, monogamous relationship.

If you want to build gay community please don't display it to the next generation it deminishes the quality of life the future generation will experience.

No, it won't. And how is any of this related to the quality of life of a future generation? Quality of life would be affected by things like better wages, lower pollution, and better health care and education.

What bit of flesh goes where in a mutual relationship really doesn't have much to do with it at all.

Besides, by your argument, anal sex between a man and a woman would also be unnatural and just as bad as being gay. Yet somehow, people don't seem to give a ****.

It is good to have relationship, but marriage? What is the definition of marriage? Union of man and woman.

Marriage:

1. A union of two things. eg: water is a result of the marriage of hydrogen and oxygen.

2. An economic and social joining of two people in a religious and/or social ceremony

The Man and women thing is BS.

Let's not term it as marriage let's use forbidden relationship. What will you trust? your mind or your comfort zone?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, lets see. In the past, according to comfort zone, the following were considered just dandy:

Slavery.

Killing people based on religion.

Feeding people to lions (christians in fact. Who would do well to remember this)

-I realize this is similar to killing based on religion, but it wasn't always. Also note that this is killing for ENTERTAINMENT.

Husbands raping and beating their wives.(still is, in some countries)

Torture.

On the other hand, by the same metric, the following was considered 'uncomfortable':

People of different races having sex getting married(noteable in that the exact same arguments were used against this as are being used against gay marriage)

Women have jobs/being educated/wearing short skirts/being 'uppity'(Was supposed to lead to the downfall of the nation)

Most religions(Christians were even purged from Japan because they were a problem for the culture. Something christians should keep in mind when something makes them 'uncomfortable'.)

Science (Darwin, Galileo, etc. The list goes on and on. )

Men wearing long hair (Apparently only Jesus was allowed to wear his hair long in the 50s)

The Irish, the French, the English, the............

Frankly, I will go with trusting my mind. Your whole 'comfort zone' test isn't just bad, its the worst test ever devised by mankind. Offense intended.

I'd first like to point out that I don't deliberately go around looking for posts that MJF has commented on and agree with his sentiments, it just seems to happen that way!

I wish people could get their head around the fact that being gay is not contagious, and is not something you can choose to be. If it is, then every single person in the world could choose to be gay. Not only that, by using the contagious argument, everyone in the world would have caught "gayness" as approximately 1 10th of the worlds population is gay. It always has been and always will be. Get used to it.

I can understand how people get sick of having "gayness" shoved int their faces. I am gay and even I get sick of it. However, I don't see any threads in here complaining about women's rights campaigns destroying society (as they would have done forty or fifty years ago. Someone in here wrote that gay people cause the prejudice by always pushing their cause. The fact is, if we were treated equally (i.e. with the same respect that every heterosexual person receives) we wouldn't have anything to argue about, and the whole problem would stop.

As for this pathetic argument that gay marriage is like taking drugs, I cannot get the analogy. Gay marriage will not hurt anyone. It will not damage the sanctity of marriage - pre-nups and divorce already do that. It wasn't until the Industrial Revolution that people married for love. Instead they got married for convenience, and to pass on the family line. They then went out and had sex with other people for fun. Marriage had little to do with love. I also refer you to a book called "The Marriage of Likeness: Same-Sex Unions in Premodern Europe" ISBN: 0006863264. For ease, I have quoted the customer review from Amazon below.

Persuasive and intelligently written, a fascinating book, October 7, 2004 Reviewer: vince124 from Chorley, United Kingdom 
Boswell's 'Same-Sex Unions in Premodern Europe' is a fastidiously researched and thoroughly persuasive book highlighting the existence of homosexual unions (aka marriages) in medieval times, whilst remaining highly readable and accessible to those who can't be bothered wading through pages and pages of unintelligible dry text. He unearths some interesting facts during the course of the book - for instance the Roman Catholic church happily 'married' gay men before the thirteenth century - somewhat at odds with their take on such matters today! It does ignore lesbian relationships but not out of choice - there is simply next to nothing written on women in general around medieval times, such was their place in society! It really is an interesting book, and I found it to be invaluable whilst writing my dissertation on the debate on gay marriage. Highly recommended not just for research purposes, but also for general non-fiction reading.

I suggest that people actually research subjects before denouncing them. It does make people look very small minded. Sorry if I have offended anyone, but quite frankly some of your posts have offended me.

There is nothing wrong with being gay. This whole anti-gay movement in the country today is a result of the conservative takeover... Gay people need to fight for their rights, just like women and minorities fought with the civil rights movement. Anti-gays are discriminators... And discrimination is not an american standpoint...

I was on this one place with some people I know, until these freaks came  in and started dissing gays, and calling them *BLEEP* and animals and stuff. I was so disgusted :(  , is there really anything wrong with being gay? What do you think?

I don't think there is anything wrong with being gay.

It's someone choice, and America/or  other country hasn't the right to take that away from people (religon pending). I'm not gay my self, but I wish people wouldn't be so ignorant and stupid about it. They are people too.

And if it's not affecting you, why go after them? And plus, how does that make them a bad person? Yes, somepeople DO think the are bad persons, obviously, since all this is on the news and everything, and all these billboards keep popping that say 'Ex-Gays can play it straight' or something rediculous like that.  Why people are homosexual? I don't know, I don't see anything attractive in the same gender.

What do you think of being gay?

Hmm, I think this should be in the Debate section.. sorry

moved to the debate section :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believe there is nothing wrong with being gay. I mean It doesn't affect me, If a guy want to be gay Im fine with it(as long as he doen't hit me on me). So to me is fine as they don't make a move on me. I mean what so wrong with being with the person even if it is a man. It seems somewhat wrong to me but If they love each is fine by me.

Homosexuality. Personally, I don't see the big deal about it. It's nothing bad - it's nothing to be ashamed of. It's love between two people, end of. I'm not homosexual myself but three of my best friends - that I know of - are and they are three of the most amazing people I know and three of the most amazing people you could ever meet.I think some women are gorgeous & maybe I'd go as far as to say they're sexy, but that doesn't make me gay, nor does it make me a bad person for finding someone of the same sex attractive.It pisses me off big time when people use 'Gay' as an insult. They say it like it's a bad thing. Same with using Jew as an insult & as a Jewish person that REALLY hurts - yeah, some Jewish people are weird, alot are prejudiced, have weird ideas & the ones in the Middle East are IMO being plain bloody stupid [it's a friggin piece of land for pete's sakes! *glares* ] but being Jewish doesn't make me a bad person, nor does it give anyone the right to use 'Jew' as an insult.Love is love, be it between a man and a woman, a woman and a woman, a man and a man, a dog and a dog, a cat and a dog, a giraffe and an elephant, it's love, and love isn't immoral, love is what is expected of us as humans, it is expected of us that we love and we live in peace, and if a woman feels that she loves another woman rather than a man, does that really change her from a human to another species of something?I think not.

The gay issue is a toughie to solve, because you have many different people of many different faiths, and believes. Marrage has tradionally been between a man and a woman (according to the bible, which is the basis for today's laws, whether you like it or not) and fact is, many people would want to defend the fact that is the case. Which makes the issue a hell for alot harder solve.I see no problem with homosexuals. I try my best to judge people on character and not sexual taste. After all, I'm not gay myself, so I wouldn't be worried of him hitting on me :(.However marriages are harder. Do we make churches/religous groups conduct homosexual marrages, which contridict thier faith? And why don't just stay on a de facto relationship? It has most of the beneficts of marriage anyway.I personally think we need to separate between a marriage and a civil union. That would still keep Marriage sacred while allowing homosexuals to be lawfully joint together.

there are 2 rules...1) dont dicriminate.2) respect other beliefsBut how do you respect ones beliefe, when ones beliefe that a perfect god demands discrimination againsed a group (homosexuals)You cant allow such an influential organisation like the church to discriminate,but you cant tell someone that there god is wrong, without offending them and breaking rule 2.maube its time for a new new testiment ???

i dono man. most of religion despise gays. but the truth is, some ppl need some guidance to do the right things.

well, maybe homosexuality will not enable you to have child, than, maybe one day human will come to the brink of extinction because of these acts.

you know something else? i think gayness is contagious. i've seen it spreeding in schools, universities, everywhere! that's something to be scared off.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No offence, But that is horrible. "Gayness is contagious" your saying it like homosexuality is a virus... I have a couple homosexual friends. I am not homosexual and have never thought about being. No one else but these people are that way. (I think that it was increadibly wrong for you to say that, you should be highly ashamed)

Sorry about this double post but I didnt read kenjvalips post and I realised alot is horrable about it so I have to see if he understands what hes saying.

I disagree gay marriage, because it is much more like taking drugs...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And Heterosexual marrages aren't? Whats so different about a homosexual marring a homosexual? NOTHING Its a person getting married to a person... I'm quite sure if you were gay you would think alot different.

It is a bad habit and you know people wanted to do everything that would make them happy whatever the cost maybe. This issue as to be studied, tested, cross examed, and simulated. But this processes may not be enough due to the randomness of the way things go.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you AT ALL listining to what you are saying? You are saying Being gay is a BAD habit. EVEN if they are happy with it, so your contradicting the whole means of a decent society. And is a homosexual marrage really that big of an issue? Yet again theres the fact that it is people marrying eachother because the people make eachother happier. Is there any problem with that? Nope... so whats the issue?

But if we think from a simple view it really has no good effect or advantages. It invites unnaturalism towards the human are built to be. Humans never existed to stay in a minimum number, can both sexes reproduce? It is against human nature, and the effects can be devastating.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So what, Giving people their Rights to be free is unjust? And actually has a Negitive effect on society? Well I guess your right, Since America isn't a free contary no one should be given the right to marry... since the Bill Of Rights can't meen anything right? You know "Freedom to religion" "Freedom to expression" "FREEDOM OF PRIVACY" "FREEDOM OF MARRAGE", you know those small things... What Devastating effects will we suffer from? (becides are humans really the best of all beings? Have you seen other animals have wars with their own species? I bet you havent. Have you seen other animals kill everything around a certian area to get food for a year? Or a couple thousand barrels of oil that will last us less than a month? I bet not... If we are gods "Perfect" creation why is there war, WHY IS THERE MASS CORRUPTION?)

I could rant soo soo much more about what is so wrong about what you are saying but it is an extreme waste of my time and I don't want to rant untill Someone trys arguing against me.

Ok here is my opinion.First of all your sexual agenda is not your own choice, I couldnt choose to be gay tomorrow, I just dont find men attractive, why do you think it takes alot of men a while to come to terms with homosexuality, sure if your in an environment which welcomes it then you wont have much problem in accepting that you just dont get turned on by women but men instead. However many middle aged married men who dont find women attractive anymore and turn to men become very embaressed about it and depressed, and alot go to 'male whores' to get sexual gratification because they just cant do it openly because it was be such a drastic change in their life, and that scenario is alot more common than you'd know.I personally think that most men do have some attraction men, ill admit that I find some guys attractive at times, I dont think it sleep with any men but you never know. As to whether they admit this depends on the culture. In modern day culture your either gay or straight, there are very few bi sexual men, and the straight guys hang out with all the other straight guys and the gay people hang out with gals and gals and guys who are comfortable with them. But if you look at ancient Greece most men were bi sexual, men were considered the better choice for sexual partners over women and so most men were either gay or bi, so it was acceptable, if not promoted to flirt with the same sex.Thats men, but women is completely different, most girls I know have experimented with homosexuality, and I know very few girls who arent either bi sexual or at least bi curious.Anyway, ill leave with a brilliant bit from layer cake!!'Crazy Larry was gay''He was never gay, Larry used to say'*shot goes to larry*'F**cking females is for puffs'

No offence, But that is horrible. "Gayness is contagious" your saying it like homosexuality is a virus... I have a couple homosexual friends. I am not homosexual and have never thought about being. No one else but these people are that way. (I think that it was increadibly wrong for you to say that, you should be highly ashamed)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I must agree. First off - how is homosexuality contagious? You said more and more people are admitting to being homosexual. Have you ever thought that this may be because one person was brave enough to admit it, and others thought they could follow suit and be brave too? Sometimes people just need a little reassurance that they're not alone.

Secondly - what you said was very rude. Some of my closest friends are homosexual and they are perfectly normal - well, as normal as it's possible for them to be, considering they're just about as crazy as myself. They're wonderfyl people - possibly some of the most wonderful people you could ever wish to meet.

It's not like a disease - there's nothing wrong with them. They still breathe, laugh, cry, feel, walk, talk - just like anyone else - so what's the difference? What's so terrible about them?

Some scientists believe that homosexuality is caused by a certain gene i.e. They can't help being gay. Some also believe it psychologically based i.e Your more likily to be gay if you also have gay parents. However it is cause, it is definately not a disease. Otherwise, we would have a epidimic.You could threoically become gay tomorrow. Your sexual prefrenence depends on many factors. So if you were brought up in a repressive envoronment, and you had homosexual tendicies, you will be most likly to repressive those feelings. That could explain why middle-age men may chose to be homesexual later in life.