xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kevlar557

System Temperature what is yours?

I just want to see what most peoples system runs at. I just rebuilt my system, and i want to see how it stacks up to others. Also, put your system specs with your temp. I'll tell you mine after a week.

Well... i just put a new cooler in my pc because the Intel Boxed Cooler makes hell a lot of noise. Zalman CNPS7000B - led , wow... that things really silent. :)(Note. I have a 3Ghz P4 Presscot, the hottest CPU one can get :P )But to get back to the topic.With the boxed cooler I had about 55 C idle and 65 C busy... CPU tempNow it's around the 45 idle and 55 busy...The case temps around 35 or 40.... Says speedfan.I kinda regret now for not buying a AMD Athlon, those things are way cooler then the Presscot's

ok.. my old system runs on 70°C and if it was busy cpu was at 90°C one time i had 105°C! ok i used a cooler, just to let you know :) after 2 years the cpu was burned! ok now i have a new system! 2500+ athlonXP with boxed cooler and fanadapter.. silence =) it runs on 40°C and busy 57°C

wow !!! my bios is set to perform a shutdown if my cpu gets that hot !

i have variable speed fans and CPU.
at 1Ghz idle my cpu tempreture is 49 degrees.
at 2.4Ghz with heavy load... 49 degrees (and more fan noise :))

Cpu = Amd64 3400

depending on cpu load, th cpu runs at the folloing frequency and voltage...

bash-2.05b$ dmesg | grep powernowpowernow-k8: Found 1 AMD Athlon 64 / Opteron processors (version 1.00.09b)powernow-k8:    0 : fid 0x10 (2400 MHz), vid 0x2 (1500 mV)powernow-k8:    1 : fid 0xe (2200 MHz), vid 0x6 (1400 mV)powernow-k8:    2 : fid 0xc (2000 MHz), vid 0xa (1300 mV)powernow-k8:    3 : fid 0xa (1800 MHz), vid 0xe (1200 mV)powernow-k8:    4 : fid 0x2 (1000 MHz), vid 0x12 (1100 mV)powernow-k8: cpu_init done, current fid 0x10, vid 0x2

internal empreturn usually about 30 degree's

1 cpu CM fan , 4 case fans 2 in 2 out , Xdream 2 , AMD XP 2500+ @ ~3300+. vcore 1.75temp. 55 degrees.at full load , 47 degrees on idle.thinking of getting Bigwater but rather afraid that leaking might occur....anybody wif experience in h20 cooling give some tips! btw AMD xp ...BARTON =D

With currect configuration my Athlon 2600+ Barton is around 45C while idle. In heavy load it rises up to 60C. I'm using the AMD boxed cooler. Not the best in the world and not the most silent one. I have been planning on changing it but coolers are quite expensive... Case stays quite neatly at 30C. I have Antec case with a power supply that has specific connectors for case fans. It adjusts the speed of the fans according to system temperature. It keeps the temperatures a tad higher than what they would be if the fans were blowing and max power. My current setup is that there is no fans in the air intake, one temperature adjusted fan at side (for graphics card). Then there's one temperature adjusted at back and one blowing at full power (the topper rear fan). The noise is moderate and so are the temperatures. I have my machine right beside my balcony door. If ever I need exyta cooling, just open the door and down goes the temps. Especially now at winter time when its -15C out there. ;) The problem of course is that my legs would be freezing but you gotta priorisize these things. ;).

Really hard to tell, I can only know my system temp through my BIOS screen and that would be when I boot my computer. :P I think it's fairly cool though, it's a server type computer. Runs 4 days non-stop without really heating. :P It has 1 big cooler fan on the sides and the case is well ventilated.