xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Rofflez

Infomercials I hate them.

At night, there's usually a lot of them on, and so I can't watch tv shows I'd like to watch.They're like always an hour long, and they just repeat the same thing they showed you in the beginning of the boring thing.And, it's always something that looks like a 3 year old could make.30 seconds is enough time to show off your stupid products that no one's going to buy, so save money.Sheesh... :angry:

I hate them also... what?s the use in seeing about 20 times how perfect your abdominals would be if you use a stupid machine that looks as if it was done by my little brother? And that with these you will get a lot of more stupid presents if you call now (but, when is now if the commercial is almost each night?).Outside the US is worst because we have to see in that commercials supposed "stars" that we don?t even know their faces xD Of course we can turn off the TV... but if we don?t complain then this subforum would be useless :angry:

I only like informercials if they don't interrupt my regular broadcasting. Like, if they show the infomercials early in the morning or late at night, then I have no problem with that, but if it gets in the way of my favorite shows, then I get mad.I agree with Sprnknwn; we can always turn off the TV and do something else.

Somebody has to pay for the free TV shows that you are watching, but TV advertising is really sometimes aggressive!By the time until the commercials are over, I forget what I was watching!2-3 minutes of TV advertising is quite enough.

I hate infomercials, they need to have a channel for themselves. You cant watch tv late at night or on Sundays, at least where I live without seeing one. The ones late night are cheesy they are the worst! Dating and adult phone lines! People actually call these numbers?

Infomercials are the unwanted second-cousin of television programs. The scourge of all couch-potatoes everywhere, these horrid cancers of the television world have propagated and multiplied.

Even here, in small New Zealand, infomercials can be seen at least once an hour, during the day. These small ads run for about 10 minutes, endlessly repeating the same things, over and over again.

Then, mere hours before the sun is to rise, two entire channels open the gates of hell, and unleash hour upon hour of nothing but infomercials!

You'd think that with TWO home shopping channels already, they could abide without flooding us with infomercials.

obviously those people producing the infomercials are making some sales otherwise they would not do it. I find that people up in the middle of the night with nothing better to do will just sit and watch even if it is a retarded product.out of the people that watch, there are probably a bunch that will get convinced by the sales pitch. Usually infomercial stuff is relatively cheap and seems like an amazing product and an amazing deal. There was thing one I saw selling this knife (for cooking) that could cut through anything. He cut up a shoe, a hammer, and then sliced tomatoes with ease. It was really impressive. I almost bought it.I think infomercials work...

I think infomercials work...

Yeah, I think so too. Otherwise there wouldn't be so incredibly many infomercials. It's sadly enough the same with spam.
A while ago there was a spammer somewhere in the US who was arrested, he spent perhaps $50,000 every month mainly on bandwidth, but that was okay for him, because he easily made the money back and up to $100,000 more.

The same with snailmail spam, companies send people to stuff mailboxes with catalogues and such and although the printing etc costs them money, they make money from it.

some infomercials can give u laugh..especially when ya girl making you watch a stupid drama and you really wanna watch and action flick..So when the infomercial comes on you be glued to the tube cuz anything is better than what u r watching wid her.

I love imfomercials some times. I do not like the ronco infomercials. They can be interesting sometimes. Others they are annoying like the making money ones except for carlton sheets. But there are very few that do not repeat the same thing.

Some infomercials are actually pretty interesting. Like those food ones and they're like, the self sealing ones. >_> You know they don't work, but sometimes you just love seeing it in action. It's so mesmerizing. <____<Of course, I only watch them when I am truly, TRULY bored and have ABSOLUTELY nothing else to do. Which is rare, so I never watch them. Besides, I don't watch tv anyways cause I'm always so damn busy doing school work. Now that's what's annoying.