xisto Community
OpaQue

Spellings Are Not Important. Our mind reads words as a whole.

I hate this pragraph, :P I can hardly understand that as a foreigner, it just some security word to control some important thing to me.

i tihnk Woh wirtne tish smUt cryAz

Wow. The subject of this thread should be changed, because spelling words correctly, as well as providing proper grammar, is rather vital today. People that butcher the English language, especially online, put out an impression... and you know how well first impressions last.It drives me crazy how people type things out nowadays. Somehow, 1337 is in, texting on cell phones has made it out to the WWW, and no one believes in punctuation anymore.The study was made to prove what the brain can do. Honestly, the other post confused the crap out of me with some words, simply because I wasn't used to seeing them formed that way. Like "filas" (fails). It doesn't make spelling unnecessary.Also, it's quite a tendency that if you type like an illiterate online, you may have difficulty typing a lab report or an essay.So practice typing well, grammatically, and free of spelling errors. :P

wow that's seriously crazy i understood everything he said but i still think spelling does count because if you handed something like that a teacher or you booss they would not be happy. cause i know if someone wrote me sometin like this i'd be like did u not go to kidnergareden but that's still crazy XO

I think that EPXLINS it all.. :P

WELL SAID, OpaqUe!

Now, that was fantastic! Somebody ought to get that little thing you just did to Dr. William Cosby, Jr. so he can lighten up in his assault on young African-Americans. I have always held that precise spelling is far less important than precise reasoning. It's never what you say or write or how you pronounce or spell your words, as Arnold Swartznegger and Henry Kissinger can attest... It's what you mean when you utter your utterances.

If you say what you mean and mean what you say (unless you're joking), you've done your part in terms of communication. If people have to pause to decipher what you or I meant as distinct from what we said or wrote, that, to me is a good thing! Where communication and human interaction is concerned, anything that promotes or provokes thought has to be better than everything else that doesn't.

That posting, OpaQue, was off da chain! Thanks.

Spelling is still very importantSpellings Are Not Important.The note was good and what was said is up to an extent true, not entirley though,One becuase if your mind is not sure about the the pattern ,how can it suddenly start to read the words? I tried this on many different people and not all of them were able to read rightly from the start.The second point is that if you do not know how the word was spelt in the first place , how on earth were you suppose to read this note, so techniqally, you have to learn the right spelling before attpemting to read the note above !ThanksMsc ComputingAsh