xisto Community
soleimanian

How To Change Registered Owner`s Name On Win Xp

changing registration name

I bought a laptop from someone,every time when I go to my computer it shows that the windows xp in it is registered under his name.How can I change the name?the os is windows xp service pack 2 and its make is lenovo

-question by thiani

I'd very much like to get a copy of Rudy's program, as I have a second hand computer and do not like seeing the previous owners name even though I have changed the log-in name.

I have sent you Rudy a PM with my email address, but if anyone else could either indicate where I can find this program, what its file name is, or email it to me (I have email enabled) I would be very grateful to all.

Thanks very much.

I found a little program that does it for you right off the internet some time ago. I have used it several times and it work well. It seems harmless enough I scanned it for viruses and every thing.
Itâs only 10k compressed I would be happy to share it with anyone who wanted it just email me for a copy. Strange enough I did not find any copyright information with it so I donât even know who made it or if itâs copyrighted. There is no company name in the properties.

I will provide it to anyone at their own risk! :mellow:

Thanks for the Information

This information was quite helpful. What isn't helpful in a forum is chastising someone for not posting a long enough reply, even though he's thanking the author. Saying the replies need be longer is like asking someone who is shy and knows nothing of the subject to stand in front of thousands and give a dissertation. It's Bollocks if you ask me.

There are several tools out there that accomplish the same thing for people who are afraid of the registry.

Here is one, for example, that works for XP or Vista

-reply by excop72

how to play psp games on pcHow To Change Registered Owner`s Name On Win Xp

Thanks for the tech support. The simple steps are great to help.

Keep helping...

windows xp change registerd user nameHow To Change Registered Owner`s Name On Win Xp

Hi there have followed all the steps but can not find the sub key  Registered Owner could there be any other name for it for windows xp service pack 3

-question by taznq08

How to make complete image so i dont have to install new windowsHow To Change Registered Owner`s Name On Win Xp

How to make complete image  so I don't have to install new  windows

With refrence to :

NilsC

Nothing wrong with changing the registered owner name on XP. I do itEvery day. I have an image of one computer setup with all the programsAnd settings I need. Then I create an image (2 to 3 cd's). When I setupA new batch of computers they all have the same name and the same XPKey as the original. Then I change the owner name and the Key to theNext in the series. It's perfectly legal. I could create install disksInstead but it's so much more time consuming than a image. And the onlyTime you have to change the image is when the spec of the computersChange. 

-reply by Bilal

wow it worked!How To Change Registered Owner`s Name On Win Xp

Dam that guy is smart! That first post to change it in the regedit worked! Thank you...

-reply by steve

dont workHow To Change Registered Owner`s Name On Win Xp

I followed all the steps and I cant find where registered name is I need help

-reply by court

To change the registered owner name you need to do this followings,#Click Start, and then click Run.#In the Open box, type "regedit", and then click OK.#Locate the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion#To change the name of the registered owner, do the following: In the right pane, double-click RegisteredOwner. Under Value data, type the name that you want, and then click OK.#Click Exit on the File menu to quit Registry Editor.#DoneHope i could help!! Thanks