xisto Community
soleimanian

How To Change Registered Owner`s Name On Win Xp

How to change registered owner`s name on Win XP1- Run regedit2- Find and go to below key:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version 3-Change your name in following subkey :Registered Owner Be successful!

WOW! thanks alot!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

WOW! Thanks alot!

Hmmm, if you ask me this is not a good post. Hf199, you need to expand your posts if you expect to be hosted. It's OK to quote a subject but you should put some reasoning and effort behind your answer or comment.

Thank you!

Great, thanks

Good post

I agree

I disagre

They may say it all, but if you expand a little on your post the community will benefit and you will benefit when (or if) you have a question or subject matter that you would like to share. If you give one liners, expect them in return. :)

Welcome to the forum, have fun. Create good posts and you will be hosted in no time. :P

Continue with one liners and you may be warned or banned.

Nils

No need to be sorry, no hard feeling I hope :)You will learn a lot here, I did in the short time I have been here. If you keep your posts ovet 300 characters + whatever the quote is you will never get in trouble. :PAnother reason I posted this to you and others are I feel it's a shame that you post 20 - 25 times and then realize that only 4 or 5 posts counted.Even your reply to me would count if you expand on the subject. Nils

I found a little program that does it for you right off the internet some time ago. I have used it several times and it work well. It seems harmless enough I scanned it for viruses and every thing.It’s only 10k compressed I would be happy to share it with anyone who wanted it just email me for a copy. Strange enough I did not find any copyright information with it so I don’t even know who made it or if it’s copyrighted. There is no company name in the properties.I will provide it to anyone at their own risk! :)

isnt this illegal changing your registered name on the windows xp? it is there for a reason isnt it? i noticed that windows xp is far more customisable than windows 98. i had windows 98 before i could do anything on it. tried to customize the boot screen but didnt work. now i have a wicked boot screen when it starts up. has thunder and stuff coming out of the windows xp logo.

Nothing wrong with changing the registered owner name on XP. I do it every day. I have an image of one computer setup with all the programs and settings I need. Then I create an image (2 to 3 cd's). When I setup a new batch of computers they all have the same name and the same XP key as the original. Then I change the owner name and the Key to the next in the series. It's perfectly legal. I could create install disks instead but it's so much more time consuming than a image. and the only time you have to change the image is when the spec of the computers change.

Nils

I added this link for easy boot logo changes http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Edited by NilsC (see edit history)

hm.. thats news too me, but i know that all pcs should have a unique serial code to use windows legally. u cant use the same cd-key again even you have brought the real package. that package is only for 1 licence. or multiple ones at a high price. all software companies does this - 1 licence per computer.

You can buy the keys in bulk, 5 10 25 100 or up at a time. How do you think dell and hp/compaq setup new computers? one at a time. No way they create install images and load the whole image onto the computer.To create a distribution disc and setup an install folder on the network is about 200 pages in the XPP Resource kit documentation from M$. If it's illegal I don't think M$ would promote it or show you how to do it.;)Nils

I really appreciate this site. It was a great help in finding out what I needed to know about "How To Change Registered Owner`s Name On Win Xp"-TBogany

You're really great....it really works...thanks a lot....without ur help I need to restore d whole thing......thanks again.....-QQimQT

Wow thank you very much. This also works on windows Vista. My only question is will everything I save go under my name now or the previous name?-Daniel

Ahh Ive been trying to figure this out for WEEKS! & Have gone to numerous websites and got nothing! Thank you! Lol, I bought a new computer on eBay and it had some crazy foreign name and it's been bothering me, haha, little things that annoy us I know :P But thanks!-Britnee

change to Registered Owner

How To Change Registered Owner`s Name On Win Xp

Worked without any complication. Thanks.

I want to post a question regarding Outlook Express, but I do not see where to go to sign up (as recommended above).

-Robert Smith