xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
millertime

Whats Your Interpretation Of This Quote?

hhmm to me i think that quote is refering to a person like me :D wasting their lives away for nothing, things that dont mean much later realizing that you havent achieved anything or made a mark of your life... very depressing thought actually...

Well everybody has a fear that we have wasted our life for nothing. Me for example, I am very into gaming, every day I've wasted my time watching tv and play games. Sometimes I wonder if I know where I am going and wonder if I have obtain anything, any knowledge whatsoever that may help me in the future. I was terified with that kind of thoughts. So I set my goal to learn more about multimedia. That way I can keep that thought away because I have a goal. If you have a goal in your life, you will NOT need to look back (or even fear about it...) because what you need to achieve is infront of you. If you look back when you are stepping forward, you will get stumbled sooner or later...definitely. So take this advice and start thinking about your goal in life. And forget about the past because the present and the future is ahead.

I believe it means something along the lines of "Go on the track you want to and don't regret what you have done." It's a very nice quote, by the way :angry:

That's a good quote.It means that your life should be worth reflecting upon and being proud of what you've done and accomplished.The only immortality that I mortal can achieve is that immortality of memory - being remembered forever for your accomplishments. Such as Buddha, Socrates, Confucious, Jesus... that's what this quote makes me think of.Where did you get this quote?

I think what it's trying to say is you shouldn't have to WONDER about what you did with your life. You ought to KNOW. Heck, if actually have to dig deep to find something, you probably DID waste it away.I like that quote a lot. Did you come up with it yourself?

its a quote from a song that i heard a long time ago and it stuck in my head. i dont remember exactly what song it was, but the thing that would suprise most people is that is was a rap song....

I'd say it means the guy is looking back on his life, and realizes he hasn't done much of any worth. A fitting allegory that comes to mind:*** There was once a washerwoman who worked for a lady named Stoneheart. She was cheated and short-changed by her employer, but every opportunity she got she would give of her little to help others. One night, Mrs. Stoneheart died. An angel was leading her through the streets of heaven. As they were walking, they passed this glorious mansion. She asked the angel whose it was, and he replied that it was her washerwoman's. She was in ecstacy, thinking that if her poor washerwoman would get a mansion like that, how much more beautiful hers would be. But soon the angel stopped in front of a small shack, and said, "This is your place"."My place!? Do you know who i was on earth? Why do i get such a shabby place, while my poor washerwoman gets this fine mansion?"And the angel replied, "that's all you sent on ahead. it's the best we could do with the scraps you sent."***Really, when we die, what will we be able to take with us? Our money? Our possessions? all these material belongings will mean nothing in the end.

I really like that story...it's a cute little story.

"my deepest fear is that i'll look back on my life and wonder what i did with it..."
whats that quote mean to you?

That one day, on my death bed, I will ponder the meaning of my life, ask my self what it is I have left undone, unsaid etc. Also, have I fufilled whatever I was put here to do, will my next life be better or worse than this one (it is said that the better karma you have upon passing in this life, the greater your reward in the next, or vice versa)