xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ford_Prefect

Starcraft A classic RTS game revisited

After reading this topic last night I fealt this strong urge to play it. The time was around 9:00 p.m. and I told my friend that we should play it again so then we're both in his room looking all over for the CD.Well, half hour later we can't find the disc so I came up with the idea of going out and trying to buy it for like $5 or whatever it costs now. We, get to Wal-Mart and they don't have it anymore, and then I go out to the mall, they just closed down. I go over to BestBuy they only have it in a $20 Battle Chest (I still had my Brood War disc so I didn't need that). I even found a piece of paper with my CD key on it and my friend found his old CD jewel case with his. Long story short we never found it but we're going to have to get it today because we want to play it so bad again.

Starcraft is one of the greatest strategy games out there, even today. The unique and powerful engine for each race adds infinitely to the playability, and the different combinations really make the game a nice experience. If you get tired of the plain melee mode, there's a new genre in Use Map Settings games that have so many more types of games, from remakes of the melee to RPGs to new classical games, as well as the traditional Bunker Wars and Golems massing games. To me, the game never seems to get old, although I've had to rebuy it a total of three times before because I lost the disk or the key, but it's well worth the money. The graphics are beautiful for a 2d game, and it seems Blizzard is doing all it can to keep the game lasting, which is a great thing.As a side note, I beleive Blizzard announced that Starcraft II was going to be a 2d game. I could be mistaken, but it's wonderful news, as the beautiful views of Starcraft were a pleasure to my eyes, and Warcraft III's graphics looked blocky and unimaginative in my opinion. :P

I have a large group of friends in my school and all we basically do every is play online games with each other.WE play these games:Diablo2 - expansionStarcraft -expansionCounter-Strike:Condition ZeroTitan Quest - our newest game, its pretty awesomeHowever whenever we are in an argument over who is better then who, or need to settle any dispute it all goes down on Starcraft.Starcraft is the best all around game there is. So many awesome custom maps and stuff and you still can't be the standard ladder play. Strarcraft = <3

I still enjoy playing Starcraft, and what I like most about it, apart from the great playability and amazing races to choose from, is the great storyline it has behind it. The campaigns that walk you through the three races make you love each of them. When you first start with the Terran campaign, you begin to hate those "bugs" (Zergs), and those strange Protoss beings. Then when you're playing with the Zergs, you love the collective intelligence, so many and each not important as much as the whole race survival. Later on you play the Protoss and you're amazed at their loyalty and great technologies. I couldn't wait for the expansion and the new campaigns, and couldn't help to love Kerrigan as a hybrid and queen of the Zergs. From them all I like Zergs best, because of that collective race concept, that differs from all the rest of the races, in this game and others. The map editor is great too, and with some other programs you may find, you can get really cool mods for the game. We could make Devourers fire land missiles, Valkyries nuke, or Broodlings fire orange clouds and multiply themselves - invencibles. For me it's still the best RTS game ever.

Yup. I have to agree with you. Starcraft is the very first RTS game that I have ever played. My uncle taught it to me with his computer, and after a while I started being greedy. >_< That was around 7 years ago. (I was 7 then)I prefer using Zurgs because its very easy to transport your cavalry and you can infest on terran command centers. B);;