xisto Community
MajesticTreeFrog

What And Why You Believe please write logical posts.

I have crossed at one point in my life as with many others of us the need to believe for ourselves those views (or lack thereof) instilled in us from childhood.

I firmly believe that all people should try to be open to those views shared by others. It was Saint Exupery, Antoine de who said " A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born." And within each of us is born the adult we become. I intend not to argue the existence of god, or its proof. But merely point out the power of faith.

I had renounced my religion to seek out a truth of my own. Yet in each I found the same end, faith. We must have faith jesus was the son of god, or faith that god ( in so many names ) had spoken to or charged so many with holy quests. Faith is power.

Dating back to the earliest poeple it is fait that unites and faith that destroys. In a large group it is intoxicating, how comfortable you can feel leaving so many fears and issues to a higher power.

To this day i have not found a "religion" but i do not doubt the power of faith. to overcome obstacles mentally and physically the very idea that your struggle is shared. That your burden is not only yours, that you are loved. Who wouldnt want that?

Personally, i feel to each their own, but I wil never doubt or question the great personal fulfillment of so many have had in their live because of it. Sain Augustine said "faith is to believe what you do not see, the reward of this faith is to see what you believe"

Being gay is not what you 'are'.

It's what you 'do'!

God gave us the gift of choosing what we do.

It is entirely your decision whether you are gay or not, it is not god's decision. That's all I have to say.

Edit: or maybe not.

I believe that the cmmandment is 'thou shall not murder', or at least that's what I think when I think about it. Murder is maliciously killing someone with harm in mind. A criminal put to death is not usually malicious, unless he is falsely accused and the court is corrupt.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you can't choose whether or not you are born with blue eyes or what hair color you have. nor can you choose whether or not you are gay. what a person CAN choose is whether or not to act on those feelings.

So, I am curious, what do the people here hold as religious faiths?  And, at least as importantly, why do you believe it? 

Please be specific, as pbolduc has noted, there a thousands of forms of chrisitanity, and there are similar variations(though usually not so extreme) in most(all?) religions.

Also, please no posts of the sort 'because its true!!!'.  We know you think that(at least to some extent) because you are an adherent.  Tell why you think it is true, and at least try to back it up a bit. 

Finally, don't post unless you are willing to open up your views to criticism.  I am not saying I will do so(though it is very possible that I will question them), but be aware that any such posting opens you to criticism, and be prepared for that.

So, what do you believe, and why?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I will be answering your question very soon when I am able to receive the Free WebHosting account from Xisto.com You will surely believe on the reasons, which I will be listing on my website. Keep in touch with me, cuz I am kind of a religious guy too, u know. :P

Well, I will be answering your question very soon when I am able to receive the Free WebHosting account from Xisto.com  You will surely believe on the reasons, which I will be listing on my website. Keep in touch with me, cuz I am kind of a religious guy too, u know.  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lol, got banned.

Pwned.

well i don't really believe in religions, i mean they were created by someone and that is good, they created somekind of order, laws and explained how the world was created, stuff, it was really great for those times, the pagan gods, politheism, they also were created, due to the knowledge were even more limited, but today its not so trully believed, due to our knowledge got better.. we understand more, but still i am a christian, i believe in something, but not what they are saying in church, study a bit of history about the church, 80% what they have done in all those years wasn't good for most, religions are big money even today, I tolerate all religions, but just what i don't like is when people go over board, i never say 'don't believe this is stupid' but i hate when somebody tells you to believe god is blah blah, well i don't like to much religious people with open mouth.. no offense this is just my opinion, i believe in it.

For who this may concern,

for the purpose of keeping this forum clean, I will be as least touchy as possible, as I mean to keep all my friends and hopefully not lose any chances of gaining new ones. Please don't criticize, and understand my point of view.

I am a scientologist; I have been all my life. Throughout my experience in Scientology (which is a whole of 15-some years), I have yet to encounter any situation whereupon someone truthful and WITH Scientology 1) banned someone from the some part of the religion or whole without a "without a doubt", and I mean "without a doubt" reason and with just cause. 2) No significant Scientologist has ever killed some other Scientologist, significant or not, for leaving, attempting to leave, or making someone leave - never. I can surely say that no one in truthfully with Scientology has ever purposely hurt anyone else in Scientology, either leaving, attempting to leave, or making someone else leave.

I ask that before you attempt to renounce my religion, read up on it. Find out about it. Trust me, you will NOT be killed :mellow: .

In any case, I have enough knowledge in my own religion that I can take any questions one might have. Make sure the question is valid and not far out. Also, I'm just gonig to disregard rants because, for the sake of religion, I don't think it's fair to renounce any religion and thusly, I don't do so.

So, any questions?

I am agnostic. I believe that there are beings out there that far-surpass our current form. Perhaps they exist as energy. But what I don't believe in is God, and the prophets. I will not say why, as it will more than likely cause a lot of trouble.

For who this may concern,

for the purpose of keeping this forum clean, I will be as least touchy as possible, as I mean to keep all my friends and hopefully not lose any chances of gaining new ones.  Please don't criticize, and understand my point of view.

I am a scientologist; I have been all my life.  Throughout my experience in Scientology (which is a whole of 15-some years), I have yet to encounter any situation whereupon someone truthful and WITH Scientology 1) banned someone from the some part of the religion or whole without a "without a doubt", and I mean "without a doubt" reason and with just cause. 2) No significant Scientologist has ever killed some other Scientologist, significant or not, for leaving, attempting to leave, or making someone leave - never.  I can surely say that no one in truthfully with Scientology has ever purposely hurt anyone else in Scientology, either leaving, attempting to leave, or making someone else leave.

I ask that before you attempt to renounce my religion, read up on it.  Find out about it. Trust me, you will NOT be killed  :) .

In any case, I have enough knowledge in my own religion that I can take any questions one might have.  Make sure the question is valid and not far out.  Also, I'm just gonig to disregard rants because, for the sake of religion, I don't think it's fair to renounce any religion and thusly, I don't do so.

So, any questions?

1064324546[/snapback]

By your own statement 'you won't be killed' it is clear that there is a well known fear. Where do you think this comes from?

Eeeshhh... Too much reading but I believe in what can be explained and what can be backed up. Things that make sense. Things that have concrete evidence. To me, those are the only things that are really true. In other words I believe all religion is total nonsense and I have no idea how any sane person could accept something like that. We are so used to things like god but when you really stop and think about it, it’s just madness. How can so many people believe in that stuff? Not just a few but the most of the world. ErrrRRRRrrrrRRRRR… IT BLOWS MY MIND OMG!!! HOW CAN PEOPLE BELIEVE IN THAT STUFF AYEEEEEEE!!! IT’S JUST MADNESS, I CAN’T STAND IT!!!! HHHOOOWWW??? WWWHHHYYY??? ARRRRRRRR!!!I’m done…

Eeeshhh...  Too much reading but I believe in what can be explained and what can be backed up.  Things that make sense.  Things that have concrete evidence.  To me, those are the only things that are really true.  In other words I believe all religion is total nonsense and I have no idea how any sane person could accept something like that.  We are so used to things like god but when you really stop and think about it, itâs just madness.  How can so many people believe in that stuff?  Not just a few but the most of the world.  ErrrRRRRrrrrRRRRR⌠ IT BLOWS MY MIND OMG!!!  HOW CAN PEOPLE BELIEVE IN THAT STUFF AYEEEEEEE!!!  ITâS JUST MADNESS, I CANâT STAND IT!!!!  HHHOOOWWW???  WWWHHHYYY???  ARRRRRRRR!!!

Iâm doneâŚ

1064326802[/snapback]

Have you considered that some things in religion can be backed up? And when I say, 'in religion' I don't mean christianity, or any other specific religion, just the entire spiritual spectrum. Some of it can be backed up.

For instance, consider spontaneous acts of kindness. Religions of all stripes honor these, say they are good, worthwhile, and noble.

Granted, you do not need a religion to have these values, but at the same time, these values are not things that are 'backed up'. Even if you find evidence for them, that isn't really why people do them, and likely as not, if you agree with these values, being 'backed up' has little to do with WHY you believe them.

Anyway, I think your issue with religion comes when religion covers questions that are factual and phyiscal in nature, rather than spiritual (like the beginning of life, etc). If this is the case then I agree, Religion has no business yapping about such things. Science is far better suited.

By your own statement 'you won't be killed' it is clear that there is a well known fear. Where do you think this comes from?

MajesticTreeFrog,

While I dislike your unfounded insinuation, I will attempt to handle it properly; firstly, realize that the above comment I made was nothing more than a joke to put some levity into this thread. Secondly, I have no fear of such an occurence - none at all... as a matter of fact, I'm unsure where you came up with such an opinion.

Nonetheless...

The comment on how there have been killings connected with Scientology is nothing more than black propaganda; i.e., lies. The purpose of such a comment is to stimulate a reader to one view or another; that is all.

So...

While I myself don't appreciate your view, MajesticTreeFrog, it IS your view, and I will respect it as YOUR view. If you have any more questions, please ask.

Would anyone like any other questions, confusions, or unassurances answered? Don't be hesitant, as I don't mind clearing things up!

Thanks,

HTML_Guru

Have you considered that some things in religion can be backed up?  And when I say, 'in religion' I don't mean christianity, or any other specific religion, just the entire spiritual spectrum.  Some of it can be backed up.

For instance, consider spontaneous acts of kindness.  Religions of all stripes honor these, say they are good, worthwhile, and noble. 

Granted, you do not need a religion to have these values, but at the same time, these values are not things that are 'backed up'.  Even if you find evidence for them, that isn't really why people do them, and likely as not, if you agree with these values, being 'backed up' has little to do with WHY you believe them.

Anyway, I think your issue with religion comes when religion covers questions that are factual and phyiscal in nature, rather than spiritual (like the beginning of life, etc).  If this is the case then I agree, Religion has no business yapping about such things.  Science is far better suited.

1064326805[/snapback]

I agree with your science thing but I don't think I'm with you on spirituality. I think that doesn't have anything to do with religion. I think it has to do with human nature. I think people are good at heart and evil ones are just the people who got lost somewhere along the way.

MajesticTreeFrog,

While I dislike your unfounded insinuation, I will attempt to handle it properly; firstly, realize that the above comment I made was nothing more than a joke to put some levity into this thread.  Secondly, I have no fear of such an occurence - none at all... as a matter of fact, I'm unsure where you came up with such an opinion.

HTML_Guru

1064326851[/snapback]

In your own post you assured people they wouldn't be killed. From that statement I presumed that you thought such an assurance was necessary. If it was a joke, I just misunderstood. No need to get so bent out of shape.

But as for where I came up with such an opinion- from my misunderstanding of your post.

Chill.

Yep yep. No one hostile here. You know what really sucks though? Sometimes you can just be telling people what you honestly think and they will get mad at you. Jeez I can’t believe how many people believe in religion though. I feel kind of embarrassed for them. To me it looks like they are all making fools of themselves. It’s like a little kids thing you know? Like Santa Claus for grown ups. I can’t imagine what they are thinking. I just can’t grasp the concept. I didn’t even believe in Santa Claus as a kid so you can imagine how religion looks to me. I’ve also never had religion in my life and I’m taking a religion class for college right now. The things I’m learning blow my mind. You should hear about some of the religious practices. Some are barbaric and completely disrespectful to life and human life. I’m also learning just how cult like mainstream religions are. There is some good in it but most of everything is cult or plain stupid. I had no idea.It leads to problems you know… When people lose their grasp on reality…