xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Soleq

Grand Turismo 4

I love this series. I've been playing this since Gran Turismo 1 and 2 back in Playstation, but since I got an XBOX I don't really play Gran Turismo 3 or 4 as much.I sometimes go over my friends house or play my brother's Playstation 2 so I can play Gran Turismo 3 and 4.

I'm not really into Racing games. Never interested in Need4Speed, Initial D, and all those other racing games. But Gran Turismo is the exception. I have one two and three and they all rock. Is gran turismo 4 any good? Does it have include online gaming? If it does, im definitely getting that.

Unfortunately GT4 does not have an online feature.But as thrue GT series fan I can tell you that if you purchase GT4 you won`t be disapointed.I have played them all,owned the third and I think honestly that GT4 is the best in the serie.The motion the graphics the feeling ,everything is even better then before and of course this one containes more cars than all previous versions.I realy recommend it.Go buy it and enjoy, maybe we`ll compete someday thru this forum.El

Kinda annoyed with this game after the hype and wait. Great control and lots of cars but stupid layout and progression. If you start n the beginner area you run out quick of races. Of the first 5 cars I won 2 are concept cars and not usable and have no value to sell. Wnat to know the wheelbase of you car? Gotta go buy one and back out at the last screen just to find out. Need a truck for the begineer truck class? Gotta go buy it new. Who's got $35K as a beginner when you are learning. Just won the mazda series 6 concept car from the FF class in the beginner series. Hell if I can find anyplace to race it and it has no sale value. Did Sony actually test this game before releasing it? Great control and simulation. Crap unless you sit and do all the licenses right off the bat and most beginners can't or don't want to.

That`s why GT is a game that rely on it`s thrue FAN`s , and poeple who take it to the next level and wanting to learn , to progress and to take the time needed to BECOME a skilled driver instead of just GETTING cars that make the progress easy.It`s called a racing SIMULATOR and that`s is not a coinsidence.Try a driving career in real life ,I betcha it will be even more difficult,so to an extand GT makers make it easy for you, but yeah some poeple are never satisfied.

Honestly, I've been waiting since the release of the PS2 for this game.  All I can say is, it's about F*%*# time!

GT3 is still by far the best driving simulator out there.  From what it looks like, GT4 will meet and beat anything GT3 had to offer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

my older brother said GT4 is awesome, they spent almost a day playing it instead of partying that night.

GT4 is the best, i know this post is a bit late but GTR 4 has the best visuals imagined... they may take another 3 years to bring out gt5 and slap it on the ps3 and make it uber beautiful if they can jump up from 4 to 5 like they did 3 to 4,.... best driving game ever, it has a challenge about it aswell.. nfs and other driving games are just so easy to drive.. a bit of gtrit from GT is what everybody needs, even though it does get people frustrated at times, its fun when playing with a bunch of friends.. very big thing in my family, even though i havent played it in such a long time becuase my brother has taken the ps2 to college.

I've been a fan of Gran Turismo since day 1! The simulation is by far the best and the car selection is HUGE. (sorry for the Capitals but iyts just for emphasis..) Gran Turismo 4 is going to be huge hit...or atleast I hope so. :P I hope the makers live upto our expectations. ;)

NFSU2 is better considering other drivng games, but yeah,. GT4 ROCKS no doubt :P

Everyone's on GT's tip. As far as Current Gen racing games go, F-Zero GX delivers on all fronts. It's so slept on. However, personally my fav. racing game remains Ridge Racer Type4 for PS. IT was perfect. Man, that soundtrack rocked....

here is simply no doubt that Gran Turismo 4 the best console driving simulation ever, and likely won't be topped until Gran Turismo 5. However, the removal of online play and a weak AI keeps GT4 from absolute perfection. Even with these minor negatives, if a gamer is a driving enthusiast, then the gamer will be playing GT4 for months and months, if not for years.GT4 offers something for everyone with its selection of over 650 cars, with the actual number being close to 700. There are 80 different manufacturers to choose from, ranging all across the world; therefore, there is an excellent chance we will find our favorite car company and see that one prized vehicle in GT4. However, the only glaring omission is the continuing absence of the three big names: Porsche, Ferrari and Lamborghini. Fans have been demanding for the inclusion of these names for a long time but EA still owns the license to use Porsche cars in a video game. As for Ferrari and Lamborghini, why are they not in GT4? I don¿t know, but nitpicking on the omission of just a handful of cars from an already impressive car is a non- issue.There is a lot about GT4¿s gameplay that I will leave out simply because there is just way too much to say. The game¿s gameplay is almost flawless. Weak AI and no online play are the only negatives, in my opinion. Although the computer AI has improved, it still does not handle itself properly and damage modeling continues to be absent. However, Gran Turismo 4 is still the most authentic racer on the market and it is bound to keep us playing for months, if not years.