xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
arunkumarhg

Flash Or Java Which is Better Flash or Java?

Is Flash will Replace Java in feature?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

People seem suppport Flash.... I think java won't take over. Java can do something more - java script (no flash script) on html files. Also flash can a beautiful build animations or games by easy. A both could be combination. I like both.

If you are comparing flash to applets I would probably choose flash but because java is a programming language that is used for more than the web it will trump flash anytime. Flash can be used for software outside of websites but its not as common in that area than java.

I like Flash because it's user friendly. You ca make animations without knowing how to program. It has the drag and drop interface. While java you must first throuhly understand its syntax to be able to produce good graphics.

... Infuture Flash MAY Compete with java...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i don't think so. coz java is now going more deeper, leave the old tech(applet) and going to another field. jsp is another one, with jsp you can interact java and flash.

this two might exist in the future and may not replace html, they both need it to run :)

well who knows, what human might discovered in the future. a flash running without a plug-in or a much better java applet :)

my understanding is that java is more for scripting and such, as well as outright programming, whereas flash handles more graphics animation and such. The two do indeed cross paths, but their true domains are rather seperate. That is, unless flash does a bunch of stuff I don't know about.

Though what ever may happen in the near future, Flash can't overtake java. flash shall be used Mainly for highly stunning presentations and though they may use action scripting java expands to the higher level. thay may be integrated using a medium like XML or so, where by they can have data transfer and access.but now anything can happen in near future, we shall wait and see in the future.

Hi developers,Now a days if we trace the growth of flash MX and its wel known actionscript, dfntly we will get doubt that flash may overcome java, but if we see the robustness and flexibility of java then we will be in confusion. But if we get a technology which includes java programming (controlling) and view of flash, means in MVC architecture MC with java and View with Flash, then it will be greate.Cheers

Both have their pros and cons anyway.Java gives the user more control in terms of interactivity. But that comes with a price of more time spent as compared to flash. Flash on the other hand is easy to script but lacks of certain features which can make the application more dynamic. Both Java and flash involved with object-oriented programming.

they are two seperate things with sepearate objectives.if you want moving things on your site, flash may take over javascript. in fact, it already did.but java is a total different thing. it's an entire programming language. maybe flash will take over the java applets, but i don't think so. if you need a lot of calculation, it's still beter to go for an applet.but java is an entire programming language that can create standalone applications. that will never go away. at least not because of flash. flash is good for some stupid cartoons & very simple games maybe. java is way more powerfull.really, you shouldn't compare the two

Hi all,Cool Poll. I vote for "Can't say" if any one trace the speed with which the Flash moving with is Flash Comminication Server (FCS) and updations of its FSCommands any one can get a confirmation on its competition to java. But as Flash is not a Open source and like java flash does't have dedicated Programmers here java wins, but finally we can't say right now.RegardsLeo

I dun think Flash will EVER take over Java. Flash has it's pros and cons... So has Java. Java is something like "Pure code" and Flash has programmes for you to use where there is a "Feel and Do" Situation. Flash is for not that developed people to use. For experts, most turns to JAVA as the graphics created by JAVA can often be better than Flash. But then again, if you really are an expert in Flash, you can make things better than Java. So there is no point in saying Java takes over Flash or either way round. Both will certainly exist until one goes out of date or un-usable.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i'm quite agree with u man!

I dun think Flash will EVER take over Java :D

but....i think java is very slow in his applications, for example when i start a online game as bridge on yahoo.com that use java technology...my computer start to run very slow and when i turn of it all return normal -.-

it's only my thoughts =))