xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
wwheeler

Spyware Detection Software What is the best to use?

Well i use Ad aware SE and PEstPatrol. I'd rather rely on my Symantec antivirus corporate edition.I scan my PC once in two days for spywares. Ad aware can eliminate most of the threats.. since its scanning engine is more powerful

Well i use Ad aware SE and PEstPatrol. I'd rather rely on my Symantec antivirus corporate edition.

I scan my PC once in two days for spywares. Ad aware can eliminate most of the

threats.. since its scanning engine is more powerful

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I never can get it to get rid of all the Spyware.

I run ad-aware, and then run webroot, and I get a ton of more spyware removed with webroot. I just can't figure it out.

And I have tried to use Norton AV, but it just never finds any...

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
has got some interesting little apps!
I use Spywareblaster in conjunction with Spywareguard and MRU-blaster!
Spywareguard also protects against browser hijacking, which has saved
me from a lot of trouble.
They use very little resources. Remember to update often!
On top of that I'll run Ad-aware every now and then!
Recommended!

cheers

spybot can only do so much, its limited as to cleaning adware. spybot in tandum with ad-aware is best, but it is 2 programs taht u have run. so i would suggest mcafee spyware. or just buy mcafee system suite. that comes with everything, antivirus, firewall, spyware, spamkiller... but i still suggest spybot and ad-aware together. knocked out many a spyware with those puppies :P

heh, I use SpywareBlaster to prevent too many stuff from installing. Then every once in a while I'd run X-Cleaner and Ad-Ware to kinda clean anything that had been messed with. It's worked well thus far...i haven't found the need to reconfigurate/rebuild my computer for over a year now and it runs just as fast as it did since the last time i reconfiged it.

spybot can only do so much, its limited as to cleaning adware. spybot in tandum with ad-aware is best, but it is 2 programs taht u have run. so i would suggest mcafee spyware. or just buy mcafee system suite. that comes with everything, antivirus, firewall, spyware, spamkiller... but i still suggest spybot and ad-aware together. knocked out many a spyware with those puppies :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As for the part with McAfee in it, I'd suggest that you all stay away from

anything that says McAfee made it!

I am helping people with building and upgrading computers,

viruscleaning and maintenance.

If I see a product from McAfee in their system, I will ask them if I may remove it!

In too many cases, this has solved their problems ( bsod, non-responding apps and

generally slow systems )

Symantecs products is better coded, but they grown to big and

has become real resource hogs!

Don't use "suites", use specialized apps for every task, because more effort has

been made to make them good!

I use Kerio, Avast, Ad-Aware, SpywareGuard, SpywareBlaster, MRU-Blaster and

WebWasher.....but hey! I'm paranoid :P

cheers

hey cmon dude.. i have been using Mcafee softwares for very long. They never give me any problems.. Only once i gotta a pblm of uninstalling Mcafee Internet security.. But no other pblms.. They detect spywares n viruses better than norton or other stuff.... Symantec products r really a resource hog... thts true.. But Mcafee isint.. Even Mcafee recieved 95% in Viruscan testing ..

hey cmon dude.. i have been using Mcafee softwares for very long. They never give me any problems.. Only once i gotta a pblm of uninstalling Mcafee Internet security..  But no other pblms.. They detect spywares n viruses better than norton or other stuff....

Symantec products r really a resource hog... thts true.. But Mcafee isint..  Even Mcafee recieved 95% in Viruscan testing ..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I didn't say anything about their ability to detect virus!

It's probably as good as any, and of course their products will satisfy

many people.

Many others wouldn't know that it may be McAfee's products, which is giving them

their random problems!

Here's a few old stories, that describes the talented programmers at Mcafee :P

Aight, the best stuff for spyware that I use.....and I have had every type of spyware known to man so far because I let other people download **** on my computer under their login for windows xp.This will probably help the most of you.Install all these programs and used them in the same order.AdAware SE SpyBotHiJackThisThe first two will kill the majority of your spyware problems. Run them then open up your browswer and start surfing. If nothing seems to be wrong, then you are all good.But sometimes you get a nasty spyware that keeps reinstalling itself and you need to find that file. This is where HiJackThis comes into play. It basically shows you what you have running with your IE broswer. MAKE SURE YOU KNOW WHAT THE **** YOU ARE DOING!!!!!!! I would highly suggest that you go read up on this spyware stuff at short-media.com. They have excellent writeups and will usually give you timely help.I highly suggest that you people start using mozilla firefox. It takes a little getting used to because you can change so many damn things in it. But it will definately take care of all your spyware problems and can kill every single ad that you will ever see.

To get rid of any spyware I usually use spybot S&D. It generally gets rid of all the nasties infecting your computer. The odd one will as above mentioned not delete properly or replicate itself for which I also use Hijack this. It's a great free program, however it's searches are not limited to known spyware! When you search with it you most likely won't have to delete all of the things it comes up with. Most of them will probably be harmless programs. I google search anything that looks suspicious just to make sure.

i've got kaspersky anti virus & spybot. i use firefox & thunderbird for surfing and mailing.i never have problems. i scan my computer once in 6 months or so. last time, spybot found 3 problems. no virusses at all...my pc is safe :P