xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
MajesticTreeFrog

What Is The Best Free Webdesign Software

html generator? Wed design software? Well, i don't use a html editor/generator, but I've heard Dreamweaver is one of the best. Of course it's not free...but i know of no others. And for web designs, GAIM is suposed to be good...and i think that is free...not too sure though. I personally use Photoshop ^_^

I would count aceHTML as one of my favourites because it has many features and even got a syntax checker and CSS checker to ensure the validity of your webpages. And it's free!

i think dreamweaver is the best. it also supports flash i guess.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This topic is actually about free programs and Dreamweaver (although probably the best) is quite expensive. Anyway for free html editors I haven't actually tried it so don't take this as gospel but I have heard that 1st Page 2000 is really good.

This topic is actually about free programs and Dreamweaver (although probably the best) is quite expensive. Anyway for free html editors I haven't actually tried it so don't take this as gospel but I have heard that 1st Page 2000 is really good.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have, use, and prefer 1st Page 2000. However, the only other program I have tried is Front Page, which I don't care for... 1st Page is free and you can get it at http://www.webdesignland.com/ .

i guess...if you're looking for free...there's always Notepad for windows and TextEdit for macs. I think they both come as a default application...heh...but i guess they're not really considered a html editor =P

html generator? Wed design software? Well, i don't use a html editor/generator, but I've heard Dreamweaver is one of the best. Of course it's not free...but i know of no others. And for web designs, GAIM is suposed to be good...and i think that is free...not too sure though. I personally use Photoshop ^_^

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If your looking for free opensource software, try Quanta, Screem or Bluefish. These are a few of the really good html editors for *nix machines but it wouldn't surprise me if they had versions for win as well. Many years ago I was dependant upon Dreamweaver for my html work. Now that I have shifted to Quanta I have realised the power of a more raw coding platform without the WYSIWYG. Quanta is easy to use, even if your html is limited, I'd high recommend it!

As for GAIM, it is an instant messager and not related to html editors. GAIM also rocks so, give it a whirl too!

cheers

hashbang

There is a free web page design software that I found called "PHP Designer 2005" Even though it may seem like it's built for PHP only, it can actually be used for HTML, XML, PHP, CSS, etc. The great thing about this program--besides being free-- is that it allows you to place in bits of code that you then can modify. The only downsides to this program is if you wanted to do PHP, then you need to download the official compiler off of the official PHP website, and the other downside is that if you want to see the final results, you need to use a seperate compiler. Other than that, it's a good free program.

In my opinion, learning HTML coding and using Notepad is better than any web design programs.  But if you don't want to learn HTML, then... well, I've never used anything else except trying out Dreamweaver, so..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Excellent advice - I started designing webpages a few years ago, just by viewing the source of websites where i'd seen something that I wanted to use. I didn't just copy, obviously, as there is no point in doing that at all - but gradually taught myself what I needed to know. I have dreamweaver et al, now also, but never use them.