xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
haseeb1405241472

What Image Veiwers Do You Use ?

You guys should try using Picassa too. I've got both IrfanView and Picassa installed, and Picassa of late has evolved into a really powerful viewer + picture cataloging & maintainance software. ACDSee used to be my favourite till maybe version 5. After that it's become really bulky and quite unstable too.

I use FastStone Image Viewer when I actually want to make quick changes (cropping, taking out the red-eye, adjusting contrast/colors/etc.)...but when I just want to look at the pic, I use the XP viewer.And I like the FastStone thing because it's free (check download.com) and works really well for the basic stuff that I do. (Not a graphic artist - just want my digital pix to look decent.)But when I really want to get creative, I go to my school's digital lab and use their copy of Paint Shop Pro (because I can't justify buying my own copy).

I used to use IrfanView, but it started to annoy me how glitchy it was. Plus, the icons were not all that great.At the moment, I have Fireworks as the defualt viewer (editor) for PSD and PNG. The rest are opened with the default Windows 2000 image viewer, aka Internet Explorer. On the machine I use for the Internet, I use the default viewer. There is nothing wrong with it and I find it useful and reliable (unlike so much of MS stuff).

On Windows I still use IrfanView, due to I don't need anything special, I like it, but it has some things I don't like about it.. I use the view as filmstrip and it is enough for me. On linux for pictures viewing as default I have gthumb viewer and some others, just that I had problems with some for viewing animated gifs.