xisto Community
websaint

Please Take A Look At My Layout!

Hi!! I just really want some critique on the layout of my site. Take a look at it here. It's not done at all yet, but you can visit my forum and write in my guestbook. Please tell me here what you think. Good or bad. :P

Hi!! I just really want some critique on the layout of my site. Take a look at it here. It's not done at all yet, but you can visit my forum and write in my guestbook. Please tell me here what you think. Good or bad. :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%websaint.net%2F

You've better click this link and correct some things. As far as the layout goes,

it's a little bit too colorful for me!

Also seems like the menu is a little bit too large! IMO

Yeah, you better sort out those errors.

Stuff to improve:

The shoutbox at the top is a bit distracting.

The title would be better of as an image, as the text is fuzzy.

I don't particularly like the gradient on the right hand side either.

The menu is a bit too big.

Too much space at the bottom of the page.

Fade-in. Bleurch... :P

Use an external style-sheet. Will save a helluva lot of bandwidth and editing.

Tags and attributes should be lower not UPPER case.

Unsemantic code. Eg. Paragraphs should be within <p> tags, code should be in code/pre tags.

Font tags :o Argh!

Sorry if I've been a bit harsh :P . Nice design though, and most of the improvements are to be made on the coding side of things though, so not to hard to fix...

Hopefully.

Ol.

Yeah, you better sort out those errors.

Stuff to improve:

The shoutbox at the top is a bit distracting.

The title would be better of as an image, as the text is fuzzy.

I don't particularly like the gradient on the right hand side either.

The menu is a bit too big.

Too much space at the bottom of the page.

Fade-in. Bleurch... :P

Use an external style-sheet. Will save a helluva lot of bandwidth and editing.

Tags and attributes should be lower not UPPER case.

Unsemantic code. Eg. Paragraphs should be within <p> tags, code should be in code/pre tags.

Font tags :o Argh!

Sorry if I've been a bit harsh :P . Nice design though, and most of the improvements are to be made on the coding side of things though, so not to hard to fix...

Hopefully.

Ol.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My site is not done, not even the front page, so that's why there's so much space at the botton of my page!! The shoutbox is only going on my front page, but I might move it. By the way, I don't really understand the error stuff. I am using a WYSIWYG editor and it seems to be working fine I think. I'm also no good with programming and html and such. Can't you see the whole of my site when entering the url?? Does the errors show on my site?? I can't see anything myself...

Ignoring space at the bottom then, you seem to have a fair bit of space at the sides of the page (I have 17" monitor and am running 1024/768 resolution). I don't know if that was deliberate, or just a result of the setup of my computer.You don't currently have a title for you page/site. Just use the <title></title> tags in html in the <head></head> section to add one. eg:<head><title>Web Saint</title></head>Obviously you can fit that in around your existing code (I hope that makes sense, I am assuming some html editing skills.)

My site is not done, not even the front page, so that's why there's so much space at the botton of my page!! By the way, I don't really understand the error stuff. I am using a WYSIWYG editor and it seems to be working fine I think.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He's talking about coding errors. http://www.w3schools.com/ try learning some basic HTML and CSS. If you add a Doctype to the top of your page, it will be a hell of a lot better. Why don't you add the inline styles to an external style sheet?

What is it that will look better?? I don't see any errors on my site!! :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Calm down! Your page isn't build correctly and in some browsers it will not

look as you want it to. To achieve that, you've got to learn some basics.

View the source of a validated page and compare it to yours.

Find the differencies in the structure.

Visit the link I gave you in my first reply. Try to follow their recommendations!

It will take some time to do this, but you need to do it

The reason for all off the emty space and pages don't loading is just because my site is not finished yet. I just wanted some critique on my frontpage before I continue working with it. :P My forum will also be changed...