xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Harry Potter

the only beeef i have with harry potter is..... (and admitably ive not read the books, so im just *****ing about the films)1) an intelligent wizzard would make a spell to keep some dungeon safe that works by ONLY letting the people he want to enter, enter... or maybe some kind of password / key... or somthing like that...but in the world of harry potter, the safety is a CHESS GAME..... ohh no... whatever i was keeping in the dungeon has been stolen... ohh well, atleast whoever stole it was good at chess !!! who would have thought that evil people played chess too !?2) i COULD stif my coffee with a spoon... but instead, ill use magick.... but not a magic spelll that actually stirs the spoon,,, one that makes the spoon follow my finger.. so i have to do the whole stir motion with my hand anyway, thus saving no time or effort.. masically im a showoff !3) dementors... what are they really... just towels that flap about in the wind a bit.4) Kids around the age of puberty just piss me off for some reason.... anyone seen terminator 2 ? john connors voice... AGH , especaially when screaming.. cummon !5) luminose maximoso, unlockio-doorio, make broom-io go faster-o.... what is that ??? latin !! ? doubt it.6) my number one HATE..... nobody ever read the book untill the film came out.... after the film was a sucess, it suddenly became fasionable to read the book in public.also that phrase..."The film was good, but its not as good as the book" I KNOW... a film is NEVER as good as the book...people just say it to show off that they have read the book like reading is some kind of proof of intelect...

5) luminose maximoso, unlockio-doorio, make broom-io go faster-o.... what is that ??? latin !! ? doubt it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually, lots of the "spells" are based on Latin. JK Rowling has a degree in French and Latin :P .

I see what you mean though. Harry Potter's ok but I think it's a bit crappy now. Like you said, the books are alright but the films are nothing like as good.

ow diego, this isn't really a good place to learn english hehe.and harry potter... i' m looking forward to the movies that will apear in about 5 years, when hermoine has grown up a little and has become a foxy lady. i don't care about the rest of those *BLEEP* wizzards.

This is embarrasing. I am a twenty three year old guy, who mainly reads Kafka, Hunter S. Thompson, Camus, Vonnegut... but... I love reading Harry Potter. It's awful, and I cannot help myself. I can almost feel my braincells dying with each line read.

I've seen the films only to witness for myself the hysteria and hype that always surrounds them. I was mildly impressed by the first film, the second was better, but the third was horrid. Never before have I sat through a movie, and then all of a sudden watch the ending credits roll up and think "that's it?" Horrid I tell you. I wanted my money back.However, I haven't given any thought to reading the books. True, I've heard that they're much better than the films, but alas, I just find so many other books more interesting to read. If I was stuck in some random time warp where time stood still, maybe then I'd read them. As it stands, the HP series has a lot to make up for the last film. Did I mention it was horrid?

Heres the link. Its got an odd name I think but oh well I'll still read it. I wonder when it will go on pre-order.

Link: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Also has anyone heard any news about if they are making Movie 4 of Harry Potter? I really wanna see it if they do. If you know any links to info about movie 4 please post them if you would.

Excellent. And the funny thing? The new book is 6 months away for release, and it's already at the top of best seller lists. The world has gone mad...But hey, they're good books. What can I say? :)

This is embarrasing. I am a twenty three year old guy, who mainly reads Kafka, Hunter S. Thompson, Camus, Vonnegut... but... I love reading Harry Potter. It's awful, and I cannot help myself. I can almost feel my braincells dying with each line read.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow another fan of Albert Camus. He made an existentialist out of me. But I cannot say that I mainly read his books or anything like them.

I am 43 years old, with three college degrees, but I am no snob, not at least when it comes to Harry Potter. I have read them twice to my children and three more times just for myself! Not my very favorite books, but certainly worth my precious bookshelf space.

My very favorites? The Chronicles of Thomas Covenent, by Stephen Donaldson. and Hunter of Worlds by CJ Cherryh.

I dont know about america, but in australia and UK the book comes out July 16. Next month... very soon (yay!). It's crazy... sure I'm a fan, but there are all these posters in all the bookstores around that are counting down the sleeps until it comes out... haha, I remember seeing the poster for the first time a while ago... something like "only 123 sleeps to go!" LOL. riiiiiiiigggghhttt.........There was even alot of controversy brought up lately, becuase some guys in the UK had apparently got a copy of the manuscript, and are ransoming it, because JKR is really crazy this time about not releasing ANYTHING until July 16. It was... crazy. Lol.Anyway, I'm a huge fan. I know it's sad... I always told myself I'd never become a fan, it'd be too pathetic. Oops, looks like I was wrong. I even have a lot of friends who became READERS because of harry potter. And that's actually a common tale...And as for the movies... non-harry fans, dont judge HP by the movies. Especially the last one... No. 3 the prisoner of azkaban... that was the worst piece of crap I ever saw, yet, ironically, No. 3 was the BEST book. Go figure.thats all i havta say :D