xisto Community
OpaQue

Flaws In MSN Search according to me :-)

I would rather stick with Google. That MSN Search is nothing to special if you ask me. Just a poser trying to be like Google and Yahoo!. I do like MSN Messenger though. That is the only reason I like MSN cause I love MSN Messenger but other than that MSN doesn't really apeal to me to much.

What i don't get is: how do all search engines differ? I know google is supposed to be the best and all that...but if you wanna know sumfin cool: go to http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ and type in somethine...anything. notice the first 3 pages it first lists. now go to http://yahoo.com/ and type in the same keyword. notice the first 3 pages. go to msn and do the same...look at the first 3 pages...THEY'RE ALL THE SAME!! W00O0O0O!!

What's most sucky about MSN search is that with IE, if they can't find a site, it links to MSN search (with all good intentions, im sure of that :) ) and gives some 'relevant' options for you to choose. This creates stupid situations,

Below is a file I attached, explaining what I mean. (I don't know i any of you guys know Tibia, but it's a MMORPG -> Massive multiplayer online roleplaying game (dunno who thought THATone up :) ))

Posted Image

Allow me to translate this beautiful piece of result:

Next to the I: There aren't any results for 'tibia.com'

Then it says (follow the red arrow): Maybe you could try one of these related websites?

It appears (but maybe I'm wrong) that this URL is exactly the same as i typed :)

Yes! they did it again :)

Google nowadays is the seeker for lack of the net do not mean that I be the best but if his search engine is very powerful do not forget than bill gates I buy it but the internal structure was designed by 2 programmers of use you do not contain publicity and that load minus bits does it faster why

i want to come in contact with u so that i can understand well about search engine and pearl. By the way i am a student and if u help me i will be really greatful to u please just contact me on sameer007@mydodo.net.

Microsoft is too worried about making money for bill gates and not worring enough about how much yahoo and aol are walking all over them. This is probly why msn took so long to upgrade it's email, it was waiting to see how much yahoo would upgrade. and then with it's multi-billion $$ it bought more servers and hosted more storage space.

but i hafta agree that msn has the best instant messaging program, although i'd rather use yahoo (it allows you to talk to pplz that u don't have on ur buddie list) or mirc, it cuts down on spam and is extremely simple to use.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

pft...You are all windows bashers lol....First of all I can name one AMAZING PRODUCT that have come out of microsoft...HALO 1...So they messed thigns up on halo 2...I'm pretty sure 3 will be the greatest...And yes one thing that I'm quite pissed about is that MSN merged with SYMPATICO (my internet connection ;) ) and now it's so much harder to access information about my account...But I must admit with this new merge sympatico can now give even faster internet connections for cheaper prices...Plus with all of microsofts space...It's kinda a win win lose win situation lol...And yeah about the Windows being bad...I ask of you how many of you actualy use windows yet bash it...Cuz I use windows and I know it's not the best...But I don't constantly bash it...It's a decent Os and if you know how to mulnipulate it right...And maybe get yourself a freaking ad aware program and anti virus program and spyware program...And not go 2 crap sites that will obviously attempt to mess with your computer.. Then you shouldn't have any problems...

hey..let me tell you one thing... msn added my website to their list in one day... when i go to google and type amkint i don't get my website, in msn i get...what i mean is... msn search gives you more targetted and proper results...eg: if i had to buy a car and if i search buy toyota in google, i will all sorts of results... including some guy's blog who is thinking of buying a car. this is one of the major disadvantages of google. too much unwanted results.

...eg: if i had to buy a car and if i search buy toyota in google, i will all sorts of results... including some guy's blog who is thinking of buying a car. this is one of the major disadvantages of google. too much unwanted results.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Too many unwanted results usually happen because a user did not enter detailed search terms. Instead of entering "Toyota", try entering search terms that are more specific to what you want to find. For instance:

If I want to find a place in Chicago that sells Toyotas, then enter "Chicago Toyota dealer"

If you want to know about the feature of various models of 2005 Toyotas, then enter "2005 Toyota features"

If you want to buy a used Toyota, you might enter "used Toyota" or "used Toyota for sale"

This is called "phrased searching' and will save you lots of time. Make sure that you include the quotation marks whenever you use phrased searching. For what its worth, here's a link to Google's "The Essentials of Google Search'. It will help you to see why Google searching can be so effective. :)

Using google, you have to be more specific about what you want, as already shown by SingleDaddyof2. By the way, msn search is really... It only shows the proper and popular sites, it eliminates all other choices! Msn search is for newbies! (No offence to anyone using msn search) Yahoo is also another example of MSN search, only that the e-mail is good!