xisto Community
Deathstarr

Did You See?

I saw one a few years ago and it was pretty cool. Lunar ones are much easier to watch than solar ones, but the problem with both of them is that ITS ALWAYS CLOUDY DAMMIT!! Honestly - its quite difficult to admire the wonderful colours when you can't see them through the clouds!

Eh, lunar eclipses are nothing spectacular. Ooooo...so the moon gets covered up for a while and maybe turns a slight color. Oh wow. Big deal.Solar eclipses are the marvels that I find interesting. Sure, they're basically the same phenomenon, but there's something about day turning to night being more interesting than night turning into, well, darker night.I've seen both, and I much prefer the solar type.

There was a lunar eclipse last month. I was going to watch it but the UK being the UK it was cloudy, stupid clouds Now I have to wait untill another one.

I live in Washington State, USA... and we tend to have that very same problem here with it always being cloudy when something awesome such as an Eclipse is due. I guess I really shouldn't complain about that too much... I had the choice of where in the USA I wished to live, and after much travel moved up here to the Pacific North West. I wanted the water (both salt, as well as lakes and rivers) with the lush green forests, mountains... and I do get all of that here.Just get to miss the good stuff most times, in our sky's! *pout*

I`ll have to agree with Soleq to an extent.I like both phenomena but the solar one is by faaaaaaaaaaaarthe most spectacular one, and noone can deny that I`m shureI mean cmon that`s gotta be the shortest "NIGHT" you ever saw LOL*now it`s daylight *poof* now it`s night(well dark at least)*It realy is amazing,I`m born in the carribean and have had the pleasure of seeing several eclipses both lunar and solar,at their best (without any cloud interference :D )Curacao the island where I was born is like 5-10 degrees from the equator on the Northern Hemisphere :D what a great spot to watch eclipses :D

I must have missed it too. I was unaware that there was going to be an eclipse.The only eclipse I've seen is a lunar eclipse a few years ago, it was neat to watch the moon change over time. It was amazing.