xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
zip_mc1405241469

Americas Army Any of you play it?

But the doors don't open...Which is really annoying. Also, the Flash Grenade seems to do absolutely nothing.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How are you throwing the Flash/Bang in the room if the doors don't open?

But all you have to do to get them to open is to walk up to the doors, and push the action key, which is default mapped to the "E" key on the keyboard. Once you have the first door open, then all you have to do is go in and destroy the two targets in the first room, and then go out the back of the room, down the hole in the floor, into the tunnels, making ure to take out targets in the tunnels, and then out the end of the tunnel, into another room, where there are more targets.

After that, on to the bar door, where you aim at the lock and again press the action key, ("E" standard) untill you unlock the door, and then out throught it and the last door to be assigned to a squad, and begin map play.....

It don't play AA for two reasons:1) I don't find it fun and you have to be connected to the internet to save your progress. I think that's just stupid.2) It is blatantly an attempt from the US military to overexagerate how 'good' it is to become a soldier for the (supposedly :D ) world's most powerful nation. I wouldn't want them to think it was working so I leave it well alone.

America's Army is my all-time favorite game. Its probably the most realistic FPS out there. Its got better graphics then some of the other FPS's out there, and best of all... ITS FREE!!! There are new patches that are coming, hopefully soon, that are gonna make this game incredible. They are going to implement stuff like vehicles, new weapons, and more advanced training.

The game is pretty fun but I stopped playing because if you died in the beginning of the game then you have to sit through the rest of the game that can take up to some time. A game similar to AA but better (in my opinion) is ghost recon 2.

I'm 52 honor. I quit to play some other games for like 5 months or so, and then last night I had an interesting experience.A guy was laying in the doorway up the hall from S/R to the tertiary and I got him from down in the S/R stairs; he had the clear advantage. So I die, and in all caps, he writes something about me using hacks, and blah blah blah. So, I said, "You got a caps problem?" and he accused me directly of using hacks. So, I just put it to him simply and said, "You just got owned by someone 2 honor points above you who hasn't played for a solid 5 months, sit down and shut up." Maybe the language was more harsh than that, I don't remember :D And even though honor points mean next to nothing, they come in handy when speaking to crybaby n00bs :( WCSE is my favorite map.

Yea that was one thing in the game I never liked. Everytime you got a nice shot o someone, they would say that you hacked. For instance, I was sniping and this guy was hiding in a tree and I could see him moving around. So I fire a shot and kill him. All I heard after that was "YOU HACKER" and many other things. I hate it when noobs accuse everyone of hacking everytime they get killed.

I could for some reason only connect to servers that didn't have the cheat thing enables, even tho i never cheated i always would get into a game that had it on and move around for 30 secs and then get disconnected so i just stopped playing it and started to play Socom 2: online again (good times)

I play this game and I like it a lot, mainly because it is free, but also because it is a good game. It is propaganda trying to convince you to join the military, but I don't want to join the military so it doesn't bother me. I played this game when it was in version 1.2 and was called America's Army: Operations. I stopped playing after about 2 months and now I have started back up and I must say it has changed a lot.I never had problems connecting to the servers or anything so I definitely would recommend this game to someone who hasn't tried it yet.

hey how do u guys like the new patch? i like blizzard and courtyard but what makes me up set is the fact of bridges 203 only having 3 shells. i really did enjoy spamming people on the bridge.as for the new system that encorporates teamwork is cool. anyways sorry to just inpose on ur convo but im new here trying to get points for a website for our clan. anyways if u ever want to jump on a server our server name is {D33Z} {NUTZ} honor server. the ip is 69.25.18.222 and usually one of us is always on or around. my in game name is {D33Z}HAIRY{NUTZ} (and hopefully that these names will not get this post deleted.

Well I've played it for a long time like a year ago and stopped for a while but recently I downloaded it again. And what I noticed is that when I go to deployment and select the map I wanna play and click on deploy nothing happens. [not that it's a world disaster]But it is kinda quit annoying that everytime have to look in de whole list of servers on which server I wanna play.And also I noticed some guys were using aimbots or something, because I played FLS and on the south side there is also a nice ditch to lay down in.I even wasn't anywhere near the edge and I took one right in the head and at the same time another teammate got shot down also.. So pretty obvious that some one was cheating. :D Anyway I still think it's one of the, if not the best free FPS game on the net![except the n00bs that can't shoot without using an aimbot :D. For them a little message: Please go back to bootcamp and work on your aim or something, but don't go spoiling another one's fun of playing AA!]

DOnt u guys forget about battlefield 1942. battlefield 1942 a great online first person shooter. it was one of the first games to combine playing as soldiers from a first person perspective, and controllable land air and sea vehicles.when it was released, it had pretty much first rate graphics. the character models had a good amount of detail and you could see different aspects of the uniforms very well. it also had tremendous explosions from tanks and artillary shells. the vehicles also had a lot of detail on them.the gameplay was probably the best part of the game. since it combined first person soldiers, and controllable land, air, and vehicles, it was one of the first games to really create a cohesive battlefield. up to 64 players could battle on very large maps. some of the maps were so big, that if there wasnt a lot of players in the game, then it could be pretty hard to find an enemy.the game had a number of gamplay modes such as team deathmatch and capture the flag. the most popular gameplay mode was conquest. each team was alloted a certain amount of tickets. the goal of the game was to cause the opposing team to lose all of their tickets before you did. this could be accomplished in a couple of ways. one way was by destroying enemy soldiers. the other way was by holding enough capture points. on the map, there were a number of capture points that each team tried to capture. they captured them by having only their team members remain in the capture point for a certain amount of time. after a while, the capture point would belong to their team. if a team had enough capture points, the enemies tickets would slowly count down. this helped to create spots on the battlefield were the battle was focused, which was important since some of the maps were very large.the maps covered four theatres of the war, including western europe, eastern europe, north africa, and the pacific theatre. each army had unique vehicles, and weapons. vehicles consisted of jeeps, tanks, armoured person carriers, artillery, fighter planes, dive bombers, and heavy bombers. there were also landing craft, cruisers, submarines, battleships, and aircraft carriers, all of which could be controlled.unfortunaley, many of the players would camp at the vehicle spawns such as the aircraft spawns. spawn camping players could also be an issue.the single player was pretty much the same as the multiplayer, but the ai wasnt very good and it would often have worse performance.the sound was not very good, particularly some of the sound effects. however, some patches helped to make them better.battlefield 1942 contained some bugs when it first came out, but many of them were fixed after some patches were released. the developer also released new official maps.the game could get pretty laggy, but there were some servers that didnt have much lag.a very popular mod of battlefield 1942 was released called desert combat. it featured similar gameplay with modern vehicles.not as many people play battlefield 1942 as when it first came out, but overall it was an excellent game.

Has any one tried the new versoin yet?It is suppose to be a top down remake, using a whole new engine, and new coding, and a whole bunch of new stuff.....I have just recently gotten it downloaded and am getting a machine ready for a LAN party that will happwen at the end of the month for my clan.I have noticed that the cheaters are not taking over servers like they used to. I gotta give the Army a Hooah on that one. That is one thing that I got sick of really quickly.-William

AA is awesome but i cant seem to get the sharpshooter class. does anyone else have tips to shoot better?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just two pointers....

1.) Pay attention to the breathing cycles when you use the iron sights, the gun barrel will travel up and down depending on wether you are inhaling or exhaling, and will settle down for a moment. When the barrell is still is the best time to take the shot...

2.) Keep playing the game, and then as you get a little more experiance with the game, go back and try it again.....

it took me a little while to take care of the sharpshooter rating, much less the expert marksman badge....

-William