xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dissipate

Tibia

Anyone here plays Tibia?I played it for about a month on a non-PVP server, a few months ago. Stopped because it was time-consuming and there were tons of annoying people running around. I reckon it'd be awesome if there were less of these people around.

(This applies to MMORPGs in general)I could never decide whether it was worse being a noob are having everybody type things like "N()()b" and "N00B", (why can't people ever learn to spell?!), or being an experienced player but having to listen to useless players thinking that they're king arthur. GRR!!

I play this game sth like 2 years and i think this is the best "free" MMORPG. I play on PVP world and there Tibia has really nice climate. Every one should try to play Tibia. You could download it for free on official web page http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ play this game sth like 2 years and i think this is the best "free" MMORPG. I play on PVP world and there Tibia has really nice climate. Every one should try to play Tibia. You could download it for free on official web page https://secure.tibia.com/mmorpg/free-multiplayer-online-role-playing-game.php

I play it. I have premium, and after a few f*ckchars, I started to get the hang of it. I'm happy with the game (although it's time consuming). Lots of my friends play too and together we enjoy this game. PLz go check it out just to see if u like it:

https://secure.tibia.com/mmorpg/free-multiplayer-online-role-playing-game.php

I play on Isara. Name = Nicnomz/Qop

i used to play. i was on calmera, and i know exactly what dissipate is talking about with annoying people, all be it not first hand. the fastest leveling sorcerer there, ingek, was constantly bombarded by people, in their speak, asking for "itens plz". i felt bad for him just for that. he finally quit a month or two before i did.numerous times i tried to get back into it, and people say "you cannot quit tibia" ive only played for about 5 minutes in the past 3 months. just to talk to friends. i had a level 27 knight, in which i was namelocked because "sadistic indian is offensive" for the name sadistic injun, showing my indian heritage. and an level 18 sorcerer "iron nazareth".a lot of people ended up not liking me, because they were all wound way way too tight, you couldnt goof off without some one complaining and saying they will get you banned. i was banned once, and that was for making fun of the counsellors who told a level 11 to go hunt trolls in the troll building with the mino mage. not even telling them about it. i was banned for a week

I had a lvl 13 sorceror on Danubia, I quit in the end 'cause it was too time consuming. (Especially the beginning part). Training your character is VERY difficult, and i think the p2p version of it has too much priveleges that normal members don't have, so its kinda unfair. After Tibia i went to Pristontale though, and had the most fun i ever had in an MMORPG game!! ;)

Come on, tibia is a very good first step in the MMORPG world. It's free, has a good customer support system, and an enormous world.@technocian- There is a skillbar system now, where you can see the percentage to next skill /lvl advance. It makes training hellyvalot easier ;)

i have uninstalled it and given up on my character since that last post. i didnt know about the skill bar, would have made my knight days easier. but the entire thing gets boring i thought after awhile. i was tired of not being able to hunt because i had a slower computer and weak stats as a sorcerer. and equipment got too expensive as a knight because friends would be borrowing from me a lot. i quit for a month or two, and the economy went to hell, my friends sold my equipment to stay afloat.

yeah i agree about the difficulty in training chars esp magic users like sorcerors. though they get rich fast lol. some of my mad friends create sorceror chars and spend IRL days camping by the river making backpacks of magic missiles. soon enough they have more than enough gold to buy almost the best equipment for their knight alts!i do find the difference between p2p and play for free too big as well.... though it's tough to make a point out of it as they cipsoft created it and they can do whatever they want eh.

Tibia is not very good if you compare it to A3, ROSE online or pristontale... Its simply just too slow and the premium members get too much extra benefits which makes it a WHOLE lot more annoying when they call you noobs... I definately decide that they should be called nub and don't even deserve the two "O"s inside of noob! Bah! To heck with those annoying people...

I see a lot of complaints on Tibia, which is actually incredibly close to Runescape, the game many kids seem to adore.... To be honost, I was surprised to see a smaller MMORPG like Tibia on here. oh right... complaints... People dont seem to realize that free memberships are like demos. I mean.... come on! For those of us who get demo discs in the mail, you dont often expect full versions of stuff do you?? maybe 5-10% of a game. Tibia offers about 30-40% of the game to non-subscribers. I quit Tibia because I re-subscribed to EQ1.

I even played this game for a little while. The graphics reminded me of Final Fantasy 5 on Super Nintendo. The gameplay wasn't the greatest. There seemed to be a lack of unique ness to characters. Everyone looked the same and there were hardly and diversity in the monsters that you were able to fight.

I play tibia, i´m lvl 18 knight now (had more chars, but they all sucked).The main problem why most people stop playing tibia (or dont even try it) is because of its graphics. But check tibia after the new update, it looks so much better!The second almost even large: the "noobs" come in rookgaard (the beginners island) and try to fight some beasts. But they die, and immediatly dont like the game anymore. I know, you have to try it with several characters to get the hang of it. When you know the game, you can go of the island in 2 hours, from lvl 1 to lvl 8. The game is fun, because you can get better and better. It never stops (like wow at lvl 60).So people that ever tried it, go try it again, and get the hang of it. I´m sure you´ll all like the game if you know the game.When you make a new character, come on lunara :huh:, i can help you there (my name there is Xehorug)Mark