xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
chilipie

Favourite Ftp Client

well...i use AceFTP...but what I wanted to say is that FireFTP (an extension for firefox) is one of the worse FTP applications. Don't even bother trying it if you plan to ftp many files. I liked the idea of being able to ftp files right from my browser...but FireFTP is just waayy too slow -_-

Im gonna give FireFTP a try i like the idea of it, but chat zilla was nothing to shout about, filezilla i havent seen yet although ill give it a try, but i still like SmartFTP and net2ftp.com as my main Ftp uploaders.

Im gonna give FireFTP a try i like the idea of it, but chat zilla was nothing to shout about, filezilla i havent seen yet although ill give it a try, but i still like SmartFTP and net2ftp.com as my main Ftp uploaders.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well, FireFTP is decent if all you plan to do is CHMOD files and/or delete a few things. But, again, if you plan to upload many files (as in more then fifty)...it's not worth it.

My favourite FTP client is the one integrated with Dreamweaver MX. No need to do anything else - just create ur website and upload it from then and there. If you want a standalone application for FTP, i would suggest FTP Genius

G'day,I use gFTP which is packaged in the gnome desktop environment for *nix machines. It;s very easy to use, fast and best of all ... is opensource and runs on a *nix platform.Viva la *nix!cheersdr. hashbangcyberanthropologist

I hope that this post could help you...

I use 2 FTP clients, SmartFTP and CuteFTP...

both are available for free and are very simple to use...

you can download CuteFTP at https://www.globalscape.com/cuteftp
you may also download smartFTP at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

or if you have a Dreamweaver MX, you can also use it as an FTP client.. just simply click on the manage site feature, and a wizard will appear which will allow you to upload or download files using FTP...

I use Cute ftp pro at work and I have no problem with it.Right now I'm evaluating Ipswitch WS_FTP® Professional and WS_FTP Server on a couple of test boxes to see if they have any advantage over current setup.I'm happy with Cute ftp and would recomend it to anyone.Nils