xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
hast-webben

Web Browsers Which Browser type do u prefer?

Which Browser type do u prefer?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i am not sure what browser also lets you zoom in and out, but its used as the default in mac as IE is to windows. i think its netscape, i wish they had that for IE or Firefox.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

zoom features only available on ie 5 on mac, but not on windows. and i think netscape for windows can't do that. only opera have that unique features on windows :)

Opera was rated "BEst Browser of 2004" by PC World magazine.....

and has anyone ever tried arachne - it's a web browser for dos!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the old dos, as i remember... ie ver. 2.0 is in dos. lol daniel... why would some use a web browser in dos? is this one supports images? lol... i'm curious about it :) any links? please share it :)

I would call Opera far and farmost the best web browser on the internet becuase it is confirmed to be the fastest browser (from testing) and also it has an ingenius system of tabbing which is really unrivalled. The mozilla tab system is nice but it is still a bit clumsy compared to the smoothness of Opera.

Opera is a really great browser except for one thing that really pisses me off. When you go to a page it loads ok. However when you go back it simply retrieves the same page instead of reloading a new one. That anoys me big time cause pages often change including my own and everytime i go to it i have to manually press reload. If this can be turned off then I would use it. Can you toggle it on/off?BTW- Please don't tell me some sad people are still designing browsers and stuff for DOS. It just isn't logical. No-one would want a browser for DOS anymore.

When you go to a page it loads ok. However when you go back it simply retrieves the same page instead of reloading a new one. That anoys me big time cause pages often change including my own and everytime i go to it i have to manually press reload.

Actually.... that's a great thing.

Because if it has to reload each time you press back, you'll have to wait at least about 5 seconds for the page to load & render. Opera is FAST. Opera, is SMOOTH, if you do this, you'll **** it up. This system allows you to very quickly go through alot of pages, in a blink of an eye, because they're all still cached in memory.

BTW- Please don't tell me some sad people are still designing browsers and stuff for DOS. It just isn't logical. No-one would want a browser for DOS anymore.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OpenDOS & DrDOS are still under development, they're alternatives for MSDOS and are still used. This opinion of yours only just demonstrates your shortmindedness. Alot of companies, for example, still work with DOS software, because they haven't the budget to upgrade their systems & re-train their people. Secondly, DOS is still a marvelous OS, and I personally use it to be able to play old games etc. A web browser for DOS is a great thing.

I'm reconning you'll think anything that works with letters only in a black background screen is old and stupid? Linux console is the most powerful User Interface. GUI only ever slowed things down.

Ok. Maybe I was wrong. No not maybe, definately. I guess i never really thought through what i was saying. Damn i hate it when you are proved wrong. Anyways i still dont like the opera auto-cache thing. I play an online text based game quite often but every turn the page changes and i have to press reload. If i didn't play games then i agree it would be great cause most pages don't change often if at all.

Rightclick the page, Go to Reload every => pick the reload interval (probably the turn interval) :)

I finally downloaded Moziall Firefox a week ago after being so pissed of with IE for all its vulnerabilities to be exploited by spyware and its not allowing access to important sites like godaddy.com and paypal.com. And I can say Firefox is by far superior to IE: fast, secure, full of features. I dunnoe about Opera though

Opera:All that, but a little bit more.Then again, it may be faster, but it's a bit more bloated, you have alot more you can do. It's alot more professional whereas Firefox = simplistic.

Opera:

All that, but a little bit more.

Then again, it may be faster, but it's a bit more bloated, you have alot more you can do. It's alot more professional whereas Firefox = simplistic.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Another downside to Opera is that it takes up so much system space. Firefox is lighter and lets you run more applications at the same time. But this is made up by Opera's qualities e.g. intergrated IRC and other of the great features that come with the Best Browser on the Web 2004.

Im a firefox guy and will stick that way, loved IE for years then dumped it for FF, love FF more than anything its so good, anyone in the right frame of mind should use it, i mean come on think of the security it gives. TABS!

Opera is the only browser that implements Tabbing right :Pso there.And you probably never heard of mouse gestures =)Once a user, always an addict