xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
coyotech

Doom 3 Expansion Doom III Expansion

I can't believe how quickly the Doom 3 expansion has come out, I havn't even bought Doom 3 yet! Is it worth the price because I heard from various people that it really is just a bit too much, but I suppose to be up to date in the gaming world I'll have to purchase it. I never thought I'd even contemplate not buying it but it's a lot of cash, how is the multiplayer in the game or will we still have to battle over the web with other games? The grav gun does really sound far too familiar though...

It's definitely worth it. I first played Doom when I was about 5, and it didn't scare me. Doom 3 however, can freak the hell out of you in an instant. Very entertaining, you're always on the move, even right from the beginning. The graphics are insane. I'd love to have an expansion to the saga of "the marine" :D

hey guys i was just wondering if doom 3 is a good enough game to buy? i mean i saw graphics, and yea hthere good but i have UT2004 and its amazing, is doom 3 worth the buy? or hsuold i just wait till anotehr one to ocme out?

I hated Doom 3, and loved it at the same time. The graphics were outstanding, near perfect, the only thing in the world that could better the graphics was the sound. Overall it totalled up to an exquisite atmosphere for those who had the high end PCs that could run it. Turn off the lights, lock the doors, crank up the sounds to max, and you were in for a damn good scarring. But that unfortunatley is all, a scare, The gameplay is shocking, repetitive, and downright boring. We cant go in here, go find keycard. Great fun, people expected so much from doom3, they expected next generation stuff, the graphics and sounds are, but the gameplay is same old doom: The game was just so linear, you can always tell if youve been to a place before if there were live enemies around it or not.