xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
microdude431

MP3 Players

What I want is for someone to make a better music player than the ipod. Not because I don't like apple (because I do), but because there really just isn't any competition in the marketplace. There are certainly lots of players, but most of the suck. A couple good players at good prices would make everything cheaper and better and force apple (among others) to hurry up with better/more feature rich products.Oh well, at least apple keeps revamping things on their own. Its nice of them.

I got a Mirage all-format CD player, the only thing that it can't play are DVDs(yeah, too bad). But hey, it's a very compact player, I can watch VCD's anywhere, play MP3s, audio CDs, etc. :)

I just got a Creative Zen Micro. I didn't need all the "ooh look at me I have an Ipod" attention and Im a smart enough human being to be able to use something that may not be as intuitive as the ipod's menu system. And seeing as how the price for it was cheaper than and Ipod mini and had a gig more space I figured that that was the way to go.

i have a nomad jukebox 2lx. it's a 20GB mp3 player that i got about a year and half ago and i bought it for $150 then. i think you can buy them now for about $80. the player has excelent sound and i have never had a problem with it. the only downside is that it is almost as big as a cd player and is quite heavy.

I own a 40gb iPod, its a rather heavy device, I should tell everyone that it gets scratched VERY easily, especially the LCD screen... Got it for... $140 as I went to the main supplier and not to mention that my school upgraded ALL the computers to Macs and so Apple gave us a 20% discount! How lucky i was then... I like its click-wheel system but I cannot use an extention cable as it affects the uploading...Sound quality is rather good... My favourite part is that the iTunes can convert WMA in Mp3! :)

I'm looking at buying a mp3 player with over 10 gigs of space. I've looked at the dell dj, and the ipod. I need it to be able to store files on it, and be ale to accept all of my current mp3's Is there any other good mp3 players that arn't too expensive, yet functional?

I'm looking at buying a mp3 player with over 10 gigs of space. I've looked at the dell dj, and the ipod. I need it to be able to store files on it, and be ale to accept all of my current mp3's Is there any other good mp3 players that arn't too expensive, yet functional?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There is a 20GB MP3 player from iAudio that might do it for you. It is nice and small as well.

xevian: is there some sort of protective transparent sticker you can buy to stick on your ipod screen? like protective covers for the palm?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, there is. In fact there are tons of them. One of my favorites is the iSkin. You can order them online at iSkin.com. It covers the screen with a clear protective cover and the rest of the iPod with a cool gel-like cover thats comes in a wide variety of colors and patterns. What's best about using a case like the iSkin is that you never have to take it off and it protects the whole thing from scratches. (the metallic-silver back of the iPod can get dome annoying scratches.) What ever your need there is something to cover your 'Pod.