xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
microdude431

MP3 Players

Eh, I have one made by iRiver, which has 128 mb of space, and a iPod Mini with about 3 gigs of space. The iPod is a bit excessive, but I like it anyways :P

i had a creative muvo nx 256mb .. small n very compact but not as pretty as ipod :Pi think 256mb is enof for me ... as i dun think that i can listen to that much songs ..oohhh .. how long since i last listened to my mp3 .. agesss ... im too bz lately .. i have a question to ask :what;s the ost of spiderman 2 ? i've forgotten .. too lazy to search in googles :P

I've got a 512 MB mp3 player from a unknown company, it's really weird, the design of my player has been ripped off so many times that when i walk around at school everyone has the same looking thing like me but from another brand :S

I don't have one at the moment, but I would like to get an iPod, probably the 20 GB one. I like them, the way they look, the size, and the cool wheel. I really like the new ones with the color monitors that you can store your pictures on, but I don't have that much money right now, so I'll probably just get the $299 one.

I personally would get an ipod, except for the problem that it doesn't play Ogg vorbis files.  Why it doesn't is a mystery to me, since ogg is a free codec and they would even get help from the ogg people to write the software to do it.  I have looked at the Rio Karma, and it almost is good enough, but I understand it has a number of technical problems.  so, if Rio can fix the technical problems before apple can fix the lack of ogg support, then I will get the karma/whatever it is that doesn't have the problems.  I am not sure which I would prefer, as the rio has better sound quality and slightly better battery life while the ipod is better at connecting to my apple ibook and my PC desktop, while being nice and easy to use.  Sigh....why can't people just do it right.  Yeesh.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

^_^

I never even heard of that format. Couldn't you just convert it to mp3 or AAC or something?

converting between two lossy formats creates a drop in quality. Ogg vorbis is an open source sound codec. It provides high quality compressed sound encoding at a level equal to or better than AAC, WMA, and so on. Its also free, has no DRM *BLEEP*, and so on and so forth. The ogg vorbis people will also give out encoders/decoders at no charge, and I believe they will even spend time helping manufacturers get their hardware to decode ogg. http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ reason why you may not have heard of it is that ogg isn't used by any of the big online music download retailers. This is because Ogg Vorbis doesn't have DRM in it, and the big wigs at the RIAA just can't deal with that(wussies!). That being said, winamp and so on will play it just fine, because its actually a pretty common codec(at least in the free software community and so on).

I have a really old one. It is an RCA Lyra II. I don't really remeber the specific details except that it uses a compact flash card, and has a built in FM Tuner.It is old, but it suits my needs.

I've read that the next gen iPod will support Ogg Vorbis. Not postive, but it seems like a likely approach.I myself am and have been hesitant to buy an MP3 player. I've been pleasantly surprised by the iPod's success, though the latest iPod photo doesn't do a thing for me. Big whoop, a color screen. The Photo capabilities are a joke. Unless Apple includes a CF slot for real image transfer, I'm afraid I'm just sticking to my laptop. Now there's a good portable music player. It helps too having the screen that I can actually control iTunes with when I'm DJing the local middle school dance.

I have a portable MP3 cd player that I use to play MP3's in my car. That is all that I have right now. I would like to build myself a MP3 jukebox for my car with a touchscreen and the works that plays all the codecs. I just dont have the money for the parts at the moment.

I have a Polaroid “juke Jam”. It’s got a 40GB hard drive and looks a lot like an Ipod. It has a line in and a line out socket, and a built in mic. I use it mostly for transferring data between my computer at work and home. It is much cheaper than an ipod of the same capacity hard drive.My main reason for purchasing it is to load sound effects on when I go out to DJ. It makes it easy to sample the effects from there rather than swapping cds.

I'd like to buy an IPod but it's too expensive and the accesories too, I'll wait to configure my Laptop for the car's ""stereo"" :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now, I buy a Ipod Iphoto 60 Gb, It's awesome :)

The screen is very colorful and you can connect it to each Tv(NTSC & PPAL)

Itunes automaticaly load on the Ipod the cd front side(if It finds that)

60 Gb are amazing :)

I think that the price is good for a Player like this

with and old accessorie(for tthe 3rd generation) you can load the photo directly from a camera and so I haven't to to buy a larger flash card

60Gb of music.... whats the point ?when a minute of audio is approxamatly 1Meg....let do some mental maths...1024 Megs in a Gig, * 60 = 1000 * 60 + 24 * 60 = 60000 + 20 * 60 + 4 * 60 =60000 + 20 * 60 + 240 = 60240 + 20 * 60 =60240 + 1200 = 61440 minutes of music.minutes in a day = 60 * 24 = 10 * (24 * 4 + 24 * 2) = (96 + 48) * 10 = 1440minutes in a week = 7*1000 + 7*400 + 7*40 = 7000 + 2800 + 280 = 9800 + 280 = 10080Minutes of music / minutes in a week = 61440 / 10080Approx 6 weeks of none stop, 24 hours a day, music....