xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jamesleon

The New Windows Longhorn These is the most graphic windows.

I'm sure you can control the graphical weight like you can in XP, and by the way, this OS wasn't made for slow *bottom* pcs, it was made for the pcs which will be built in 2005; highend, high clockspeed pcs, with far better performance than today.

I'm sure all of you that don't like blue (or are colorblind so don't care either way) will be able to change the look of the desktop... Kind of like getting the old "Traditional" grey toolbar in Windows XP, or changing the color of the toolbar in the previous version. Whoever said Win2k was blue must not have the same version I got, because I'm looking at it right now, and it's grey :) I check out the 'Appearance' where you can change the color, and guess what, They call this theme "Windows Standard" :)Now, if I change it to "Marine" then it's blue.

windows longhorn won't be nearly as slow as it is right now...keep in mind that right now its still only at its alpha phase, it still has to hit tis beta phase were windows will let some ppl test it out, and then of course when it hits the actualy sellable edition where the codenamer "longhorn" will be changed it will be working a hell of a lot better and will lag a whole lot less I expect the minimum requirements for longhorn will only be like maybe 800mhz or 1ghz and about 256ram minimun which if u look at your computer now that doesn't seem all so bad at all...If you ahve less then that you were do for a upgrade anyways

so im the only one who's serverely dissapointed with what windows is promising for longhorn ?they dropped WinFS support for the release date.but even when WinFS is integrated, winFS is still just anouther layer running on not of NTFS.ive used EXT2 EXT3 XFS JFS REISERFS FAT32 and NTFS.microsofts contributions FAT32 and NTFS were by far the worst out of all of them.why doesnt Micorosoft write support for a decent file system ?they could just take it ffrom the BSD kernel like they did the TCP stack.

I cant even use windowsXP, i just get too angry at it....for the first 2 minutes after booting, it just thrashes the hard-drive, the start manu takes 15-30 seconds to respond, constand popups, constand security updates available messages, constant, i just installed a critical somthing, you must re-boot... AGH...im used to gentoo !!! what can i say.

I don't think anyone can really rightfully judge Longhorn untill the full version comes out. Although after hearing all the current reviews and looking at some of the screen shots, I wouldn't expect too much :P .

frankly, Windows OS's have basically been getting more stable but not more usefull for a while. I don't really like linux GUIs, but they are at least cleaner. The new MS OSs that keep coming out just seem to get in my way a lot. They also need better network and admin tools, not to mention speed increases. Right now, they go for flash vs. fucntional. What I want is intuitive and functional. when they do that, then I will take flashy, provided it doesn't make things slow.

<joke> didn't you know windows is in a permanent Beta status? </joke>No seriously, i've downloaded the beta but haven't got the guts yet to install it, maybe when I really F*** up my machine and have nothing to lose i'll try it.

ah yes, but its microsoft. and if microsoft releases a product final... its still in beta testing. in about a month they'll release a ton of patches and then call it good :P, not that i dont like bill gates, the man is a genius... hope this helps ya man

These days its not just microsoft that does that, its just about everyone. Which is sad really. The problem I have with microsoft is that they keep adding 'features'. I don't want these features, waht I want is some stability, security, and responsiveness. Really, the OS should exist soley to aid me in doing what I want to do. Thats it. Make it as easy as possible for me to get my work done, and as hard as possible for things to get in the way of getting my work done. And if I happen to define 'work' as 'play video games', then that is just dandy.

What u said wun happen at all.... When there are hackers, coders n crackers here who are looking out for every single exploit in the software its not possible to build one which is secure n reliable......Since linux or other OS is not being used that extensively they dun get hacked or vulnerabilities are found...... But still they do release patches if i m not wrong..