xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jamesleon

You can Play now in Linux These is a list of the games.

oh my, I can't forgive myself!! ZANGBAND and other of Angband clones, also NetHack... and for those that don't like best RPG ever, there is official client for Neverwinter Nights for Linux, that can be downloaded from Bioware's site and all you need is NWN installed on Windows (to copy files) or fast network connection (to download game data) and Serial number from your Windows version... It works even beter!!!

to play windows based games why dont you install windows xp into another partition of your hard drive. then when you want to play and game boot it up in windows then play the games like normal?it would be less of a hassle installing it in lunix or wanting for games that are ready made for lunix. it might not even install into the lunix system. or never intend to be released on a lunix system.

I was never interested in simulations, but there for sure are some of them for linux... just look there: [The Linux Game Tome] - this Linux game database have (as today) 1559 games in different genres, with description, screenshot, link to homepage and disusion, if you are looking for linux games, there is everything you may ever need :)

Well, playing games in Linux is not a new thing :) but newer and better games are popping out for Linux indeed. I support gaming on Linux and the development of Linux. I'm a very big supporter if you go to Xisto and search for my Linux posts.xboxrulz

"do you know any simulation game available for linux like flight simulator or combat flight simulator ?"the best one so far is flightgear and it is totally free. there is a link to it above. it really isn't a very good flight simulator yet. the graphics aren't the great. neither are the flight dynamics. if you want a really good one you'll have to get x-plane for linux but that will cost you money

Has anyone tried frozen-bubble? It is quite cool, my parents enjoy it to some extent (at least that's one of the reasons they boot into Linux)The games included with Ubuntu are good enough for me, I don't do a lot of gaming. I find that Frets On Fire (a guitar hero alternative) works better in Linux than in Windows. Some Flash games are unresponsive though.Does anyone know how I can install Shockwave on Linux? I tried using IEs for Linux to use ActiveX but there is no such thing as ActiveX so I can't play MSN Zone Games :rolleyes:

Has anyone tried frozen-bubble? It is quite cool, my parents enjoy it to some extent (at least that's one of the reasons they boot into Linux)
The games included with Ubuntu are good enough for me, I don't do a lot of gaming. I find that Frets On Fire (a guitar hero alternative) works better in Linux than in Windows. Some Flash games are unresponsive though.

Does anyone know how I can install Shockwave on Linux? I tried using IEs for Linux to use ActiveX but there is no such thing as ActiveX so I can't play MSN Zone Games :rolleyes:

Unfortunately Adobe has never ported Shockwave over to Linux. The only UNIX with Shockwave is MacOS X.

As for Frozen Bubble, there was a Frozen Bubble craze at my school before MarbleBlast Gold took over.

xboxrulz

I'm using wine and I'm able to play cstrike over the internet with no problems at all, maybe some random fps drops but no big deal. Also I play World of warcraft on my ubuntu no probs.I would like to play some open source quality games though.

theres only 1 game i really play and thats online anyway (habbo)although they say it doesnt work on linux but it works on ubuntu, not sure about other distros. i tried on centos but it was too slow to finish loading google so i didnt bother.cant u just use wine to play windows games?

Most Windows games work on Wine with minor flaws but the more intense/complicated/detailed the game is, the more likely it will have more flaws on Wine. Unless you are dying to play games on Windows, the Linux games and online Flash games (Facebook's MindJolt Games, etc) are very good and some are quite intense and complex.

Most Windows games work on Wine with minor flaws but the more intense/complicated/detailed the game is, the more likely it will have more flaws on Wine. Unless you are dying to play games on Windows, the Linux games and online Flash games (Facebook's MindJolt Games, etc) are very good and some are quite intense and complex.

though wine works fine for some games, for other it doesn't. I was able to play WoW but with less FPS than normal, but I have to say that I was really happy that at least it worked. I know that with some tweaking, it could run as smoothly as it does on windows.

Although, there're some FUN linux games you should try, like XMOTO.. zomg that's a cool bike platformer or whatever it is, its too much fun and you can download new levels and skins and everything. I mean, it's not WoW, but it's really fun to play! There're also other games for linux, but I find this one really good and everyone should give it a try.

apt-get install xmoto

or if you're using ubuntu, try searching for it in the synaptic package manager.