xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
websaint

Music On My Site?

Yes, but you posted in the wrong category. Anyways, this is the code:

<BGSOUND SRC="YOUR MUSIC LOCATION HERE" LOOP="infinite">

That is of course, in HTML. Enjoy. :) BTW, you could ommit the LOOP line if you want to play the music just once, otherwise, you can set the number of times you want it to be looped, just replace the value of infinite.

I use this...

<embed src="PUT MIDI/MP3 URL HERE" autostart="true" loop="true" hidden="true"><noembed><bgsound src="PUT MIDI/MP3 URL HERE AGAIN"></noembed>

But it seems like im taking the long way around, lol. :)

Since I see you've already got the html code for adding bg music, here are some sites for the actual url's for your music. Lycos has a music area and Espew also has a nice collection. Good luck.

Or he can just burn music from a CD on to his computer and then upload it to Xisto....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well.... A lot of people find music in the background on sites extremely annoying, I am one of them LOL. The best advice is.. to not use it. But if you feel compelled, then include a button to stop the music, otherwise people x out to not listen to the music.

Uploading it to Xisto, will cost you greatly in bandwidth, since an mp3 is average about 3 to 4MB. .wav is even bigger (let's say HUGE).

Uploading it to Xisto, will cost you greatly in bandwidth, since an mp3 is average about 3 to 4MB. .wav is even bigger (let's say HUGE).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There ARE smaller bandwidth-friendly formats like MIDI, MOD and for those with a real retro love, SID. Even the best SIDTUNES are under 60KB, after all they had to fit into a computer with only 64KB of RAM while leaving room room for code and graphics...

To include SID tunes you need to use something called SIDPLUG tho.

i agree with moon :rolleyes: because if you can't stop it it might slow down some computers and if you have your own music on, you get a horrible mix... the slowlion way is better i think (

<embed src="your url" height=40 width=120>

because that gives you a little player and you can stop it that way, right? on the other hand, a small flashplayer would be better, just because cutting of the edges of the player will probably look crappy, but not everyone knows (someone who knows) flash code

There are other more ear-friendly formats, like .mp3 or .wma. MIDI tunes are so annoying. They always sound like an out of tune organ, or maybe a buzzing bee.

o thanx every 1 that posted in this topic.. u helped me put a song in my website lol....i kno its the wrong topic 2 b writing in but every 1 answered n e way so if n e 1 knows n e other good websites 2 get music (mp3's) from like espwe.com leme kno plz thanx

i agree with moon :P because if you can't stop it it might slow down some computers and if you have your own music on, you get a horrible mix... the slowlion way is better i think (

<embed src="your url" height=40 width=120>

because that gives you a little player and you can stop it that way, right? on the other hand, a small flashplayer would be better, just because cutting of the edges of the player will probably look crappy, but not everyone knows (someone who knows) flash code

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

if you wanted the player interface to disappear, and not be all ugly and up in the viewer's grill, you just need to set height and width to 0. the downside is that they can't stop it...