xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
overture

Graphic Tablets

Thanks all for the information. When i start my Graphics Design course in September in Uni (if i get accpeted) I will (well actually i already have started saving) be getting a Wacom, probably an A5 as i have an A6 tablet already(not Wacom). I know all of the features that the Wacoms have but i do not actually know anyone that can tell me performance wise why is is better than a £30 one i already have. They have 1024 pressure sensitivities which is twice the amount mine has.could someone tell me if they know. I have not come across anything which i have not been able to do with the one i have yet.Thanks.overture.

i found that are other cheap ones that have bigger sizes. but i dont know if you heard of "TRUST"? i tried and used their small versions and its really smooth but i dont think they have any pressure configuration on the device.

I have heard of 'TRUST', but i know nothing about them really. If they did have any pressure sensitivity configuration then i guess it would only be around 512 levels or pressure sensitivity or less. i only have 512 levels myself on my cheap Graphics Tablet which i have given information about before. Wacom has a maximum of 1024 i believe which is still a heck of a lot better. :P

iam thinking of getting a graphic tablet to use on imageging softwares and 3d studio max. what does the pressure sensitivity really do? does it define how much "ink" you can use by the pressure you are using on it?

OK. Think of the pressure sensitivity like this. When you are drawing with a pencil and you are barely using any pressure it comes out very lightly, but when you press really hard the link comes out darker and thicker. When you are using a tablet when you press very softly the line comes out very light and thin but when you press harder... you know the rest. You can tell how this works cos if you look at the nib of the pen (the plastic stick) you can see it become shorter as it is being pressed up into the bulk of the pen.you can use it to do really light sketches or outlines and so on.overture.

sorry if this is an old topic but it's worth looking at some second hand stuff, some may be a little dodgy but a friend picked up one thats quite a good standard for about £15 at a car boot sale.

Well, I just spent some time looking at the Wacom site, I love the Graphire 3 Studio XL, but I still think it is pricey for me, since I am just a poor student thing :) Has anyone tried the Volito? Maybe that's a good one to get a feel for tablets? The Graphire 3 Studio (A6) format is ok qua price (still pricey, but oh well) but so small! Or am I being too greedy? Maybe I should look into some other brand? I'll let you know how it goes...

Well, I just spent some time looking at the Wacom site, I love the Graphire 3 Studio XL, but I still think it is pricey for me, since I am just a poor student thing :) Has anyone tried the Volito? Maybe that's a good one to get a feel for tablets? The Graphire 3 Studio (A6) format is ok qua price (still pricey, but oh well) but so small! Or am I being too greedy?

Maybe I should look into some other brand? I'll let you know how it goes...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You want the intuos 3. Pick a size. When you are buying tablets, you get what you pay for. If it is expensive for you now, just wait and save up.