xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
currahee

Laptop Slowing Down? Heres one method that can work

i noticed on while using my laptop at work as a security guard, keeping the window open to allow cool air to reach the laptop and keeping the guardshack arround 65 deg my laptop preforms much better else it gets hot and shutsdown

Laptop slows down drastically when connected to AC adapterLaptop Slowing Down?

Hi,

My friend has an HP laptop and it is having some kind of strange problem.

When he connects the AC power adapter to the laptop, the laptop slows down drastically.

It works fine when AC adapter is removed. We even tried removing the battery and running only on AC adapter but no use, it still works very slowly when connected to AC power.

Can somebody help or somebody guide us to know what could the possible problem as it becomes very difficult to work with AC power on.

-question by ArpitKeywords:

Laptop slows down drastically when connected to AC adapterLaptop Slowing Down?

I had exactly the same problem. As soon as I connect the AC power adapter, the laptop slowdown drastically. For almost 5 weeks I've been struggling with this issue... I tried everything (antivurs,  check data, check external devices for virus, remove applications, remove ALL application, re-format the hard drive...You name it!!)... Untill I finally found the solution.

The AC power adapter was faulty!...So I got a new one... Laptop is as fast as ever...Problem solve...!!...

Hope it helps.

Johnny P

two laptops, one shuts down on it own and the other slows down Laptop Slowing Down?

hey I need help,

I got a laptop that crashes on its own, for example when I download flash, it works for about a minute or two and it crashes. If I turn it on without letting it cool down it crashes again.

As for a friends laptop. Everytime he is on youtube or such websites, the picture gets very slow, but I don't remember if it crashes or not. I just wanted to help him. Thought it might be flash player, the laptop that needs to be cleaned or maybe windows vista being too heavy for a 2 years old computer.

Please if you can help me I would appreciate it-

HP laptop slows down when on AC powerLaptop Slowing Down?

Same problem with the previous IGuest.

Dunno why my laptop suddenly slowed down once connected to the adapter. T_T

Does anybody have any idea on how we could fix this? :(

-reply by Lucian

excellentLaptop Slowing Down?Replying to curraheeWhoever posted this, I think he did a real good job. I had the same problem of performance slowdown on my laptop. I searched many blogs over the internet, the use of which were unsuccessful in improving the performance. I even had to restore my laptop to factory settings which did no better. Somehow I recognised dust accumulated on the vent holes below the laptop and I cleaned it as mentioned in this blog. The performance increased drastically. I didnt come across this blog posted by this gentleman which would have saved a lot and lot more of my time.-reply by vijay

My laptop is having short bursts of lag every minute or soLaptop Slowing Down?

Every minute or so my laptop will just slow down for a few seconds, the mouse will jump around the screen when I move it and the text that I type takes too long to show up. Audio and visual performance lags like a son of a gun and it makes it impossible to listen to music or watch movies. It's done it a few times already while I've typed this up and I feel like smashing my laptop I have no idea what it's doing.My laptop model is: ASUS Notebook M50Vc/M50Vm SeriesWith windows vista premium.RAM is 4 gigs, GeForce 9600M GS 1GBProcessor is Intel Core Duo T9400 @ 2.52GHzI don't know if you guys need anymore info. I got this laptop in October of 2008. Normally problems I do have with it I can fix, but this is pissing me off and I can't find it anywhere on Google nor do I have the time to do so. Please if anyone has an idea of What might fix it then I'd like to know.

-question by Paul

Minus the physical part of cleaning a laptop and making sure it doesn't have dust, another thing that will improve speed is to make sure your laptop doesn't have spyware on it. Maybe you're laptop has been having problems because it needs spyware removed from it. I use avg free with malwarebytes with spybot search and destroy and spyware doesn't stand a chance on my laptop. Also if you're using firefox and are having internet loading problems check your addons. I had to disable the newest java on my addons and my internet loading problems have been fine since. I hope this helps you with your problems in some way! :P