xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
juicedup77

Popups

if you get the pop-ups while browsing the net: get firefox or the google toolbar, or some other pop-up blockerif you get them even when you're not online, turn of messenger. not msn messenger or windows messenger, but the messenger inside windows. you can do this as follows:-go to configuration panel-go to administration tools-go to services-find the service called 'messenger'-rightclick -> properties-set the service to : disabled or manual and then stop it!now you'll never have the messages againhow to send a message yourself?well, if you have an ip address, go to command prompt and type"net send w.x.y.z blablabla"where blablabla is the text and w.x.y.z is the ip.that's how they spam you, only they do it automated and send them to all the ip's!

Why bother all that effort to to block popups on a insecure browser... use firefox.popup clocking... add's and banner blocking.. secure.... tabbed browsing.... fast.. light weight.... great !

Why bother all that effort to to block popups on a insecure browser... use firefox.

popup clocking... add's and banner blocking.. secure.... tabbed browsing.... fast.. light weight.... great !

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well said! Hehe, i totally agree to this. If you want a secure browser that has a very good pop-up blocker, better download and use Mozilla Firefox. All experts nowadays are advising people to switch to other browsers and stay away from IE. Mozilla Firefox is fast, has tabbed browsing, lots of themes & extensions you can download to customize the look and feel of your browser and best of all, its FREE! =)

I installed google toolbar already, get no pop-up message then. But the system is stil very slow. With the introduction at Xisto.com, I download spy sweeper and install it. With the first time, it did find and remove lots virus. Spy sweeper is now active in my computer though sometimes it make a little slow when downloading large files.I don't know if the Firefox could keep out the trojans virus, who here knows?

I installed google toolbar already, get no pop-up message then. But the system is stil very slow. With the introduction at Xisto.com, I download spy sweeper and install it. With the first time, it did find and remove lots virus. Spy sweeper is now active in my computer though sometimes it make a little slow when downloading large files.

I don't know if the Firefox could keep out the trojans virus, who here knows?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Google toolbar is not the best pop-up blocker and it has spyware, it gathers information on what sites you visit. Firefox is a secure browser, not an antivirus program. To keep your pc safe from trojans, you need to install a good antivirus program and also a good firewall. If you want free software, try AVG antivirus and ZoneAlarm Basic which are both free.

Google toolbar is not the best pop-up blocker and it has spyware, it gathers information on what sites you visit. Firefox is a secure browser, not an antivirus program. To keep your pc safe from trojans, you need to install a good antivirus program and also a good firewall. If you want free software, try AVG antivirus and ZoneAlarm Basic which are both free.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have tried Firefox. Its performance on image displaying at the first time is not so good as IE6, but it is faster at the following retrieval. Besides, it is more stable. However, there is some difference between Firefox and IE6 with some image showing. u may find it easily from my webpage: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/.

Another issue with Firefox is that, when I use google to search some chinese words, there is lots of Japanese webpages shown, it's really troublesome.

As people have said you can use your browsers popup blocker, but I think a better solution is antivirus software. I use Norton Internet Security 2004 which acts as an excellent firewall, popup blocker and image filterer. I reccomend poeple get NInternet Security I havn't had any problems once I got it.

The add-on stopper of Windows SP 2 IE Component, MSN toolbar and Firefox's pop-up management. Got rid of unwanted popups(at least most of them, about 96% less, but hey, it's quite an improvement). :P People figure out how write new scripts to execute popup ads better that some even ignore Firefox's anti-popup feature.