xisto Community
jcguy

GIF Animators

I use ULEAD GIF ANIMATOR~

It is quite good in creating nice gif...but it easily makes my pc down><..

So I think I will try to find IMAGEREADY as everyone said that it is quite good :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i use to use that program too...and i liked it very much. But for more technical stuff I suggest imageready because it could do more advanced stuff gif animator couldn't...

Microsoft Gif Animator is fairly simple to use, and is free as well.. I have found it while practicing doing an animation graphic from a tutorial on a site, and the site recommended Microsoft Gif Animator.. I have made an animated picture, using my own digital camera, some tubes for the Paint Shop Pro for glass and base, and generally used the ms gif animator to get the animation done. Very simple, and free. You can find them at a fair number of download sites.

I use Adobe Photoshop, with Image Ready. I have tried many others but nothing even comes close to Image Ready.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, I agree i've had this program for months and it still comes out to the top of my list. Although there is a cool 3d animation one by Ulead. Coffee .gif animator isn't worth anything. It has the worse layout, key settings, etc.

unFREEz is a good one, i use it, it's very simple, just drag and drop it into a small screen, where you choose the frame delay, and loop or not:

Posted Image

it's only 28 kb, and it's just an exe file, no folders or extra files needed. i'm using it for a long, long time now and the only dissapointments in my animated GIFs were because of my lack of drawing/timing skills.

you can find more information or download it here: UnFREEz 2.1 - WhitSoft Development

I haveta say, I'm one of the ImageReady users. It's the program I originally started with, so maybe I'm just used to it... I dunno. I've tried some other programs, but I don't like them as much, maybe I'm too impatient =SAnyway, I know people say theres always alot of layers and things you have to mess with in IR, but it helps to make sense of the whole process of creating animated GIFs. lol, maybe that's just me.

I haveta say, I'm one of the ImageReady users. It's the program I originally started with, so maybe I'm just used to it... I dunno. I've tried some other programs, but I don't like them as much, maybe I'm too impatient =S

Anyway, I know people say theres always alot of layers and things you have to mess with in IR, but it helps to make sense of the whole process of creating animated GIFs. lol, maybe that's just me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have image ready but I don't use it. The problems I saw with it is that:

1) I wasn't familier and found it a little difficult at first

2) When dealing with sprites, it added whitish pixles around the sprites.

I agree, I like ImageReady, but I also like some features of Fireworks. In IR, for example, if you make a new frame and then change a layer, it changes throughout the whole animation, whereas in Fireworks, it changes only on that frame. Both have some good points and some not so great points in my book.

For the limited amount of GIF animating i either use Flash or Ulead... actually i only use Ulead to compress the Flash animations more haha... otherwise my GIFs are too big to use on the web, especially my animated signatures... i tend to get a i little carried away... But thanks for the list, i will check out some of those and maybe not have to use flash or ulead as much

Ah thanks so much jcguy! :P For my animations I use Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0 but I've really wanted to try out some of these kind of animaters. Could you please recommend to me which one is the best? Thanks again dude! B)

Ah thanks so much jcguy! :blink: For my animations I use Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0 but I've really wanted to try out some of these kind of animaters. Could you please recommend to me which one is the best? Thanks again dude! :mellow:

1064324131[/snapback]

Well, the applications I use are generally determined by the specific project. SOme things are just easier to do in Imageready, but alot of time I end up building GIF animations in Macromedia Flash. Basic animations are easy to do in Imageready and photoshop (the new Photoshop CS2 supports animation), especially since you can work in layers and stuff. It is sort of a hassle to bring the layers into other applications. I normally end up using Flash, though.

There are many free GIF animators out there. It just depends on the intensity and level of work you are willing to do to make it worthwhile. Adobe Photoshop/ Image Ready come with built in Animators, and so does Fireworks. I personally found Fireworks to be the most logical. It works like a true animation, working in frames, just like its counter-part Flash. I have not made any true GIF animations though, because one I don't like that sort of thing and two I am concentrating on stills.