xisto Community
OpaQue

What brings you here? Give your Feedback? Tell us what you feel about this site.

Wow,

looks like you have had your fair share of bad luck then.

Incredible and disgusting how these organisations can literally run someone into the ground.

All those years you have worked and built something up to be really proud of gone down the pan, enough to make anyone lose courage (putting things mildly).

The question is, how long will it take before the new Google submission yields something worthwile, and by that I mean, something that comes even close to how things used to be?

I have started spreading the word myself too, but I am, of course, no search engine, but I think every little bit might help.

So, how do you intend to work with your hosting and domains etc.?

If I am going to invite people here, I need to know how to tell them how they can get hold of your merchandise here.

BTW. I noticed that a former member of this group is going to start his own "post2host" service again on September 1st.

Well, the way he has a habit of bullying people and with his rudeness, I wonder how long he will last this time.

At least, here you got friendly and helpful support when you had a problem, without sarcastic comments or without getting your head bitten off.

Anyway, I too am hoping for better times here and trying to make a small contribution towards that (a very min, mini Google), but if there is anything further I can do, please ask.

The question is, how long will it take before the new Google submission yields something worthwile, and by that I mean, something that comes even close to how things used to be?

I do not know How Long it will take....... But I do know,  The Good Old times are very difficult to come due to serious competition from sites like facebook, stackoverflow, Quora... 

56 minutes ago, OpaQue said:

I do not know How Long it will take....... But I do know,  The Good Old times are very difficult to come due to serious competition from sites like facebook, stackoverflow, Quora... 

Yes, that is true, however, although StackOverflow offer great resources and support facilities (although they are not for everyone, as their explanations are sometimes so far fetching and technical, some people might think they need a PhD to ask a question there), and Quora sometimes lists interesting topics, there are sometimes stupid questions and even more stupid answers there, and as far as Facebook is concerned, well, I think I won't even go there the way things are going there.

And OK, might make some sense, they might be competitors, but in other ways (for example for reasons that I mentioned above) there is no comparison really.

The main problem at the moment is (at the moment) the Google search engine, but there are other ways of spreading the word too (granted, less powerful than a search engine, but word of mouth has got its own strength, believe you me).

Don't tell me you are going to give up without a fight, that's not the Shree I know.

Try to think your pint is still half full instead of half empty.

Edited by M6NEN (see edit history)

On 8/24/2018 at 5:15 PM, yordan said:

Ha-ha, let's do it that way, let's have half a pint of beer!

That's not much, yordan, especially if you have business and strategies to discuss. ?

However, it is still better than nothing, even the halfs can add up after a while.

But what I meant was, of course, the idiomatic way of saying "be optimistic".

I do, of course, agree wholeheartedly with all the points that Opaque has raised regarding the competition of al those aforementioned places, but, as I said, word of mouth can be very powerul too.

What I don't really get, though, is that all those loyal members I used to know seem to have disappeared off the face of the earth.

They all used to be faithful and regular posters here, so what happened to them?

Anyway, to get back to the main point, why not update and share the Facebook page a little bit? Facebook might be a competitor in a way, but it also gives you opportunities to make your presence know and the possibilities can be quite powerful.

I would gladly share the Facebook page, but there is not much recent information on there as far as I can see.

I know "a certain someone" can be quite stubborn at times ?, but now is not the time for pride and being headstrong, unless I am interpreting some things the wrong way, but going by past experiences.......

Well, having said all that, I am waiting to see now whether I have induced wrath or an eye-opener.

One can only try and live in hope.

a certain someone" can be quite stubborn at times

Sorry, but such words cannot be accepted here. Please read our forum rules again.

Maybe it's an annoying part of our rules, but we strictly keep on personal respect and politeness. This forum should be for people wanting to express themselves concerning technical problems, or technical questions and being helpful toward others. Personal opinions concerning certain members should be kept silent. ?

6 minutes ago, yordan said:

Sorry, but such words cannot be accepted here. Please read our forum rules again.

Maybe it's an annoying part of our rules, but we strictly keep on personal respect and politeness. This forum should be for people wanting to express themselves concerning technical problems, or technical questions and being helpful toward others. Personal opinions concerning certain members should be kept silent. ?

Oops, sorry.

In that case I do apologise.

I did not mean to cause any offence, merely to make a point, and also to add a bit of a funny note to the post.

OK, point taken, although I thought I expressed myself quite innocently, not as if I used abusive comments or anything.

But OK, I shall edit the "offensive" content in question.

Oops, I see it is no longer possible to edit the post, if you can, please feel free to delete the last sentence.

Edited by M6NEN (see edit history)

I also love expressing myself sometimes and somewhere.

And I love a philosophical chapter. Each guy's freedom is limited by somebody else's freedom. Singing too loud in public places can be offending for people loving another kind of music. And telling the truth to people should not be done in a public place, because each word could bi misinterpreted.

And of course I hope that our forum will soon be a public place with many daily visitors! :)

4 hours ago, chachkin said:

I just recently signed up because I need to get ideas about creating websites and web development.

Great! Coming here is the right spot. Getting ideas is the most necessary part in the creation process.