xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sheepdog

Mycents

Ah...fun summer stuff, wish I could get in a little of that myself! Here it's work work and more work. Of course, part of that is my fault, I should stop coming up with new ideas for stuff I want around here. Atnother project I just started is a display to hide or protect a driveway beeper so I will know when a car is coming up the drive. I had the hired man fix up an old dog house with a new coat of paint, and I will put the sensor in it to protect it from the elements, and then put some new concrete dog statues I got on our last trip down south out in front of it.

We are at least, catching up on the rain here, it started raining yesterday morning about 9:30 am and absolutly rained all day long, not hard, but a slow nice rain that would soak in good.

sheepdog, raining here to yesterday and the day before yesterday also thunder (at least it was thundering when i woke up to ring my mum and go back to bed last night)

happy about the rain just is not good when you have to go out in it though, back home yesterday from my mums it was a nice few days she lives out in a holiday place (slot machines, cafes and beaches etc,) so when i was there i went to the slot machines a few days and paid the 2p machines it was a good few days.

how is your holidays by the way going anywhere nice.

sounds a lot of hard work you are doing this summer well hope your dog house looks nice and its dry all,

mycents updated today :)

More cents for my piggy bank! :-)

BTW, would it be possible to have a market place on the forums where members can sell services and products - perhaps something like photographs, software, and maybe even T-shirts and electronics - in exchange for MyCENTs, or would that turn into a whole government-regulatory affairs deal for money laundering? (speaking of "money laundering", I often wondered why they call it that... perhaps early money laundering efforts began in a laundry?).

Well, Nitin,

They call it that because it is a practice used for "cleaning up" "dirty money" (in some countries it is also called "black money", meaning money that was obtained illegally, for example money that was earned and not declared to the tax office.

So, obviously (according to the state anyway), that money is "not clean" (in other words, they can't get their hands on it).

So, something that is dirty has to be taken to the laundry to be cleaned up, hence the name.

Good idea, about selling stuff, but all I would have to sell is dogs, and since so many of our members are out of even air shipping range, that probably wouldn't work for me. Anybody in the USA need a Lhasa Apso?

I think it is time the MyCents were updated again.

I see from a previous post (hopefully I am wrong) that the last time was on July 29.

However, even if I am wrong, it has been a number of weeks since the last update.