xisto Community
mamer

Anybody Interested In Css

I thought I'm missing something when I searched the forums for CSS and got zero results. That couldn't be because it's not important.Is there anybody who is interested in CSS so that we can maintain a discussion in that topic.CSS is to the heart of web design. Even the most advanced templating systems make good use of CSS.The biggest challenge in that area is to produce cross-browser designs and that needs a lot of collaboration and sharing.

With greater adherence to the standard and standard-conformity browser tests, the differences between browsers is decreasing and we are seeing more-or-less fewer variations between rendering in different browsers. Back in the early days, some web designers and web developers went as far as to create a separate version of the website for Internet Explorer users but now if somebody uses a browser that isn't standards compliant, the accepted practice is to simply display a message indicating that the user should upgrade his or her browser or use a plugin such as Google Chrome Frame.On the forum, we typically have topics created when somebody has problems with something or when somebody wants to comment on a new development. Since most people don't use a complex layout, there are hardly any cross-browser issues that they post about to the forums these days.Cascading Style Sheets are, no doubt, an important concept. If it were not for cascading style sheets, we would still be working with attributes in HTML tags and just about any change needed for the layout would require changing the markup. Providing the directives needed for the display of XML documents is also quite simple with cascading style sheets.

I have developed an online test with a very complex layout and I have big issues with IE.I'm using jQuery selector to hide and show certain classes.What I learnt is that IE can't deal with multiple class selector, it selects the first and ignores the rest.