xisto Community
serverph

Do You Still Yahoo? happy 10th birthday, yahoo :D

here's a 'net retrospective (hence, yahoo called it "netrospective") on yahoo's 10 years of online life. :D this features the TOP 100 moments on the world wide web, as compiled by yahoo.

flash version: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
html version: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

haven't used yahoo as eagerly as before, ever since google joined the search engine fray. maybe this would take me back in time to check if i missed out on something earth-shaking without me taking a peek at their homepage as regularly as when they started. :D

yahoo, when your pages get less crowded, i will return to you. :D but you may have to ply me hard as i cling tightly to google. :D but still, 10 years is a long time in internet time, so congratulations and birthday greetings are in order for yahoo. :D HAPPY BIRTHDAY, YAHOO! :D

I don't Yahoo as much anymore, I have to say...lol. I used to use their e-mail service as my primary address, but that sorta fell through...I'll pop on the gaming site once in a while for a game of Spades or something, but not too often. I've outgrown it, I guess you can say. I was never a huge fan of the search engine, and I've since moved on to Hotmail. That kinda left me with no reason to even bother with it anymore...hehOne thing I still do use Yahoo for is the map system (i.e. for directions, etc.). Of course, MapQuest has easily caused it to crumble, but I'll remain faithful to good old Yahoo for the sake of being a Cyber-patriot...I've abandoned it on all other levels, I'm afraid to say!

im still yahoo, but very rare using that email. after they unsupport forwarding.i just login ther for some awhile to avoid suspend or delete my account, ... like posting here :Di use gmail too, cause now they support forwarding.but i prefer use my domain email that hosted here, cause this name is very cool. using pop3 so i can download/receive and send using outlook. :D

Wow 10 years! That's insane isn't it? That webpage has the dancing baby on it. I'll agree that was pretty great, but what, no dancing hamsters!? It's truely amazing how the internet has infiltrated into every bit of pop culture today. I admit I don't use yahoo as much as I used to. In fact I only use it for maps now. I use google for everything else, especially email. "Google-it" has become a common verb in the house now. Crazyness!

ya damn 10 years i didnt even use the internet that time and they changed alot. I only use theyre email now cuz its the best in my opinon. Also theyre giving out free coupons to baskin robbins to get icecream :D

You didn't use the internet for 10 years? That doesn't make any sense... :D Internet came out like 10 years ago didn't it?

I use yahoo for email sometimes because at the time i created my account there I did not have gmail. Google rocks in everything!!!I haven't used yahoo to search web in about year or two, which is crazy isn't it!!!Yahoo is not dieing but I'm sure that more and more people use google for everything!!!

My brother has been using yahoo since 1998, me since around 2001. Im on messenger a few times a week. I used to use msn till they made some changes almost 2 years ago. I keep most people blocked now. The yahoo chatrooms are nuts! I just use one room where my friends online and offline hang out. We have get togethers in our city, been going since 2001. I also play yahoo games. their maps are good. I only use my mail yahoo groups. I use msn and gmail most of my email

I still Yahoo! Though Gmail is around I still Yahoo! one reason is that I don't like inbox cluttered/filled with emails when we could have safely placed them at an appropriate folders. in Gmail Even though we place selected mails in folders still the original mails remain at inbox thus making the inbox looking like a pile of useless mails. There are many more reasons - Yahoo games - I love them. Word game and pool, and others.... besides Y! messenger, we could drop offline message to our friends which is really convenient. Who wants to compose email for two three lines?Yahoo search, it gives so much of competition of Gsearch and MSn search. When they acquired Altavista search, it becomes even more powerful and more accurate. Happy Birthday Yahoo! :D

I like yahoo. I usually use it for messenger and yahoo groups. It is very useful. And it is one of my oldest addresses. I'll keep it no matter how many email addresses I have. :D

My main e-mail account is at Yahoo. (Google for searching of course) And I still use Yahoo Maps and Groups. *reminisces about the old days of Yahoo Clubs* Groups is better, but they took a while to get used to. I used to be in tons of Clubs/Groups and go into the Chatrooms a lot.

I still Yahoo! Though Gmail is around I still Yahoo! one reason is that I don't like inbox cluttered/filled with emails when we could have safely placed them at an appropriate folders. in Gmail Even though we place selected mails in folders still the original mails remain at inbox thus making the inbox looking like a pile of useless mails.

There are many more reasons - Yahoo games - I love them. Word game and pool, and others.... besides Y! messenger, we could drop offline message to our friends which is really convenient. Who wants to compose email for two three lines?

Yahoo search, it gives so much of competition of Gsearch and MSn search. When they acquired Altavista search, it becomes even more powerful and more accurate.

Happy Birthday Yahoo! :D

55843[/snapback]

my gmail box doesn't make me keep a copy in the inbox when i move it.

of course i use outlook to download everything, and it automatically moves it to the filed-away section.

I still have yahoo email but since Google has Gmail already I am now a Gmail user. But I use Yahoo Messenger everyday, it is the only online messenger that i know to use. hehehe but there are times when i prefer using Yahoo! Search because it has an "open in new window" button. i still have to "Right-click-->Open in New Window" the search results when using Google.