xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ritu

Facebook's Zuckerberg, Not Among Top 10 Billionaires Anymore

Recently there has been a lot of talk that the revenue graph of Facebook is not holding satisfactory outcomes, but yesterday the situation went really bad when the co-founder of the social networking site faced the drop of a mammoth sum of around $423 million, which resulted in the loss of his position as one of top 10 richest techies. The shares of the site touched a record low point of $20.4 . Zuckerberg is lagging behind by $ 400 million after James Goodnight, co-founder of SAS Institute Inc. was now named the 10th richest in technology. The former has the value including his assets of $ 10.2 billion.The ranking is done Bloomberg Billionaire's Index.

Zuckerberg reportedly is more concerned about the market share of Facebook in the field of social media.The site had earlier offering of $ 38 which dropped by 47% and according to Menlo Park the pace of growth of the revenue is going really slow.The company spokesperson was however not available for any comments.

The detailed belongings of Zuckerberg can be put as

Zuckerberg’s fortune is based on his ownership of 503.6 million shares of Facebook, including 60 million options that have an exercise price of 6 cents a share. He also has about $150 million in cash and other liquid assets.

The latest entry to the tenth spot, SAS Institute is a company founded in the year 1976 and the co-founder James Goodnight, a 69 year old man has made a mark in the field of technology. The present total value according to Bloomberg is estimated to be 15.8 million.Goodnight is the holder of two-thirds of the company's profit shares.

The top spot has been occupied by the Microsoft supremo Bill Gates and he is worth $ 61.6 billion.

Source

but as long as Zuckerberg raises enough revenue to run facebook and its worth it i guess if he's in the 10 Billionaires list or not he is not to fussed about, there is a difference between Facebook and Microsoft because the later sells computers whereas Facebook does not, i know this is not the answer you want and hopefully someone else will give you a better one.

The list talked about is the one with the top 10 richest persons in the tech world and it is not that one has to sell computers to be in the world of technology, facebook does relate to the tech world because it is a site and it runs on technology. Moreover, when such a list is prepared, it is not just the individual worth is taken into account but a comparative analysis is done, and according to that Zuckerberg has lost his position. However that does not take away from the fact that his site Facebook has been doing excellent.

i know this is not the answer you want and hopefully someone else will give you a better one.

As far as which reply would be better, I would say that any usual reply is a step ahead in understanding the concept better.

All I can say that facebook is overrated and isn't worth as it is said. They need to think of something if they want to continue to do business. MySpace used to be so cool, but now it isn't, so in my opinion, the same could happen with facebook if something new will appear, it's a matter of time? Even though MySpace is still used, but it isn't as popular as it used to be. :)I just hope Zuckerberg's objective is not to be in the top 10 billionaire index, but to do something better and better for his customers/users :)

Undoubtedly, it should be one of the primary concerns for a money making giant to offer better ideas and deals for his customers, but how does being on the list of richest men be rated as an objective? I don't think it was his objective to get there, if he reached that position, at least he hasn't charged from the people registering onto his website. Moreover, this piece of information was considered to be hot news because he was one of the richest and has now lost his position to someone else.It is entirely dependent on individual opinion whether a site is preferred, I respect your idea of not approving Facebook.

ritu i agree with you facebook is in the tech world but the corporation or zuckerberg himself will prob jump back onto the list and i agree not all tech companies have to sell a computer to be so i was saying of course Bill Gates is at the top of the list because he sells products whereas facebook does not. i know may earlier comment did not make any point,

i don't know if this comment made a point either i hope it made sence.

As I already said, any reply means to me because I get to know what others think like and in my case many of the times my own thoughts have been given direction.Zuckerberg. the man in question had earlier shown to the world that socializing over the internet can be such fun and people started clinging to what he offered, I really hope that he emerges back to the position and also devises better offerings to the people.