xisto Community
yucca

How Many Posts Do I Have To Make?

Could anybody please explain me how many posts do I have to make to start creating my free hosting web site? I was looking through the pages but still cannot figure out how it works.I also nave another question.There is a statement in the rules:"Stay active (suspension): Once a user has been granted a hosting account (s)he must stay active in these forums for as long as (s)he wishes to keep that account. Keeping track of myCENTS is your responsibility."What does it mean "STAY ACTIVE"? Do I have to make posts every month or every week or every day, or do I have to keep my computer logged in 24/7? What are the parameters?Thanks in advance!

Edited by yucca (see edit history)

It isn't the number of posts you make, it's the size that counts. (yes, size really does count!:) ) A few dozen one liners isn't going to get you any hosting credits, but a few well thought out paragraphs on a topic of your choise is the way it works. What really helps is if you can start topics that other people would be interested in so they can make comments and then you can have a discussion that earns everybody involved hosting credits. It's not set in stone to my knowledge exactly what staying active means. Basicly you have to be here enough to earn the hosting credits to pay for your site. If you come in every day, and make a short comment or 2, or if you come in once a month and type up all kinds of discussions it really doesn't matter. Just keep track of how much money (or Mycents as the case may be) you have in your account and know the ammount your site costs per month. It's always wise to be at least a month or more ahead in mycents, in the case of computer problems or just life in general that might keep you away from the forums for awhile.

I was under wrong impression that I can create a site immediately after I signed up for the service, and now it looks like between signing up and starting to create the site there is an undetermined period of time, and nobody can say how long it's going to take?I would understand if I could start working on it, and to keep the site on I'd need to keep posting on the forum. It would be ok. But not being able even to start sounds a little bit strange. I didn't see any explanation of the situation on the site. Maybe I just could find it...

B sure to read the information found in this link: http://forums.xisto.com/topic/61592-credit-system-v30-online-resolved-free-web-hosting-domains-dedicated-ip-digital-certificate-managed/ and register for the mYcents program afdter you sign up for the Forums.As Sheepdog says, size of posts is important, but be careful not to "Fluff it up" or it will be considered to be Spamming.Take your time and think of a good reply to other posts and use complete sentences, for example. One liners will not earn as much and may even bedeleted.Good luck and best wishes in your Hosting.

Edited by jlhaslip
change link info (see edit history)

jlhaslip is right, you need to focus on the quality of your posts on the forums rather than unnecessarily posting just to add to your post count. Moreover, too many one liners, too much of quoting from other sources or plagiarizing is a strict no no on this forum. It is the place to nourish our genuine interests and let others befriend you through the medium of discussion. Regarding the doubt on mycents, the link provided should be helpful enough.