xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ritu

The Importance Of Teachers

Hello friends,Its a long time that I haven't been in touch with I love most, teaching.I had been in this profession for the last five years, from a somewhat getting mature kind of age of 20, of late I have lost that spirit I admit. Today I realise that some focus should be diverted to one of the most important factors of education, teachers.I have come across a few topics on this forum which show people hating their teachers, for that I would clearly blame the teacher who failed to instill within his/her students the respect factor.Having blamed someone for failure, it now becomes obligatory for me to explain how the teacher-student relationship should work, be it any part of the world. The students are there to learn from the teacher, not just the subject taught but also the basic traits of a civilized society, there should be something inspiring in the teacher. The children in the earliest stages of education, often take their teachers as second mothers,they depend and learn equally from her.So, it is inevitable for the teacher to build a very desirable model of herself to display, her importance lies in helping the child shape his habits, get the right kind of approach towards the society and family.As a growing student, the child and in a later stage an adolescent needs a unique kind of support besides lessons from their teacher. The teacher should act as a friend and as an administrator when required.This way it is easier to get love and respect from the students.The teachers role is very important here, as idealising occupies a very remarkable part in the so-called stage of "storm and stress". At least they should try to avoid hatred from the students.Even in professional and vocational courses, it is very important to frame the aspirant's mind in a positive and fruitful manner.If the upcoming generations are the foundation of the future then, the teachers are the strength of that foundation. In addition to professional qualification, every teacher should strive to achieve the end of being useful to the society, for education is more of a service to the world than just following a profession,to emphasise the importance of teachers in any civilized society.

I really liked your post, and I agree with you completly. Teachers are a very important part of our socielty and the foundations for future generations to grow up and learn about how a decent society works. It's not really just about 2 + 2 equal 4 anymore. Our children need someone to inspire them and move them to have the desire to learn and to make the world a better place.Sadly, truely good teacher are far and few between. It amazes me that something as important as the education of our yought can be so badly screwed up by rules, regulations, politicians, labor unions, etc. We need sensible rules. Not crazy overzelous labor unions that make certain that a piss poor teacher cannot be fired, no matter how incompetent and uninspiring she may be. While unions are important to getting a decent pay rate for teacher, which considering their importance in the way the world works, is hardly all that great, some of the union tactics are harmfull to student and society in general. I say pay 'em good but cull them hard. If they aren't up to the job get rid of them.

Old societies had great respect for teachers and never treated them as other paid jobs. Look at most Asian cultures and see how much they respect teachers.

That made some ask the question, is teaching really a job? Meaning it’s defined within the range of what you do and what you’re paid for? I don’t think so.

Compared to say a contractor, the job is simply defined as: you build me that thing with those specifications and I pay you that amount of money. Teaching is not like that.

Teaching is more like: you bear up with me, help me learn that and deal with my personal learning problems and my frustrations and give me genuine support, and I can only contribute to your income with that amount of money.

The relationship here is more humanistic than a business type of relation.