xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
darko100

Music While Studying

I thought I replied in this topic before.......... Anyways.Back five years ago I guess it was, I always listened to music when I did my math homework. It made it more - enjoyable - shall we say. It made me actually feel like doing it.

:) For me it's always been studying with music. During my school days; I always studied late in the night while hearing a set of songs that I always liked and that kept my mind refreshed and helped me concentrate on my studies better. Or sometimes I would switch to the radio. So for me it's always studies +Music. ;)

I always listen to music while doing anything that requires thinking or movement, so basically anything lol. It help me to focus and take my mind off whatever I am doing so it doesn't feel too painfull lol. It also motivates me in some ways. I think depending on what you are listening to help your mood dramatically.

I find myself easily distracted when listening to rainy music, it just makes me feel sleepy and want to climb to my bed. What I listen to is instrumental songs like yiruma, joe hisashi and ryuichi sakamoto. Mostly Asian composers but their music is certainly soothing and makes it easier to clear your mind and focus on the task ahead. . You can check their music @ Youtube. I like the other two sites mentioned but I think im not a rain guy :P

I personally doesn´t like to listen to music while I am studying and I dont see any sense in this discoveries because I dont think that increasing the distractions you will have a better performance once you have started to study. Of course it depends on many things. One, and maybe the most important in my area is to read huge amounts of pages because I am studying medicine and the distractions sometimes are so annoying that I can´t simple concentrate and I don´t get any result studying.But if you are studying phisics or chemistry maybe the music is good because you have to make math and not only be reading text like me.That is my opinion. Thanks for the sites I can use them for other things.