xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
beeseven

What Editor Do You Use For Html Documents?

What editor do you use for HTML documents?  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Frontpage is the best. I like using it because it does all the work for you. When I have to do hand coding I just change the view to HTML and then back to normal.
It has CSS and stuff. I don't know it so it is better for me. I am not very good at HTML either. I want to start using Dreamweaver. That's the best. I'll be starting soon. smile.gif

way to go! i all-out recommend Dreamweaver, especially the MX version. take your pick of code or graphic, or both. fixes mistakes, robust, easy to work with that & other macromedia appz, flash, fireworks, etc. I use it generally at 50-50 as i like to see the code, but i'm not yet capable of working strictly in code. i do better with a bit of visual.

I checked Dreamweaver in the poll. But it really depends on what site I am working on :)

I have used or use the following programs:

Dreamweaver

This is my favourite program for the bigger projects, I don't know why though. I guess that it's because I know it pretty well. I started using Dreamweaver MX ages 3 yrs ago. And I still do. Of course for one page, I won't bother opening it. Since it's pretty heavy and I am on an older pc.

Adobe GoLive TryOut

It was recommended to me by a friend. However, I found the lay-out and GUI not so nice. But then again, I was a huge fan of Dreamweaver already. I have to admit, GoLive is good for tables :)

HTML-Kit

really useful for semi-projects :P Also the preview is excellent. I have encountered a few problems with the preview though, but that's sorted :D

NotePad ++ which is nothing more than notepad with syntax highlighting for several languages. This is open on my puter all the time, it fully replaces the "regular" notepad on my machine :D

1rst Page 2000

I got this on Nils' advice. So I am giving that a try as well. However I haven't had the change to look around in it.

In the past I have ONCE tried Frontpage, and after testing the page, which was slower than a snail, and staring at the code... I decided to never touch Frontpage again.