xisto Community
ritu

Can I Have Something Tasteful When My Stomach Is Upset?

My mom always got super conscious when she found that my stomach was upset-----can't blame her, I know my stomach's mechanism is a rotten one, she would come up with something that was very little fried or spiced, but pretty good in taste, it could be boiled vegetables and rice with a little oil and salt or sort of a "Khichdi",in which rice and pulses are pressure boiled with a pinch of turmeric and salt, to which a tempering of cumin seeds in little oil is added.Can't say that it was bad but as I already had less appetite, and in addition that heavily light flavoured food was presented ,I totally withdrew. Later as I fell sick, the food was modified to a potato curry(mildly spiced). If I could ask for help could anyone of you suggest something which is favourable for an upset stomach yet tasteful???

How could you forget our good old 2-minutes Maggie noodles ;-)It always makes up for a lip-smacking dish for me when I am sick. As far as I know it's completely friendly with an upset tummy.Another one of my faves is a clear vegetable soup or sweet corn soup, or chicken soup if you are non-vegetarian.

As far as my experience goes,Maggi noodles can give me a stomach ache even if I am happy with the performance of my digestive system. Can't even imagine to have Maggi with an upset stomach, because the MASALA that is used as the tastemaker makes me belch and I feel like puking.

Something tasteful for an upset stomache?Dosa Potatoes and creamed spinacheSome Pulse dishes - channa dal or similarSome potato dishes - Aloo Matar and the like