xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
guangdian

This Site Is Spamming Your Host.

how is that spamming? sorry, can't understand how....if you're saying members can't host any legitimate content in Xisto (in spooned.trap17.com's case, videos in manageable size), what's the point of hosting here, or anywhere for that matter? i would just like to know also how you are able to say that it lags the server? are those popularly accessed anyway? did you get access to spooned's web logs to determine it for certain? for all we know, he could have simply uploaded it there temporarily, for safekeeping (it's just a directory listing, and no actual site is in place yet). people get hosting for different reasons, and we shouldn't be quick to judge on how it is used by a member, because he has rights to his hosting as well as any other member here. :D and there are safeguards in place like LIMITS on space and bandwidth -- if he maximizes it, who are we to prevent him from doing it? so it's up to a member how he uses his hosting (as long as it is not illegal). if Xisto desires, a FILE SIZE LIMIT on uploads can be put into place --- but until that is in place, let's not start pointing fingers on any member as cause of server lags (if in case it is true). :D

What is the file size limit for the free accounts? Some time ago i received an email saying that i should upload files that are too big, but it didnt say which one of my files was the culprit. Could it be the site backup? It was around 25mb.