xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sheepdog

Some People Really Know How To Vent!

I agree with what you all guys have mentioned. These addictions towards social networking can be controlled if the parents spend time with their kids. All this is happening because parents themselves are nowadays very busy with their schedules. I would also say that parents keep a track over their kid’s activities in a friendly manner. Engage them in lot of extracurricular activities in which they are interested, taking them to social get together, family get together. Because nowadays, kids are brought up all alone without much contacts with the other family members. So some importance can be given at this stage to make them interact with all the family members of all age groups which will open their mind :) .

I frequently hear about how how we are too busy in todays society to have time for our friends, familys and children. I think that is a pretty pathetic excuse. In the world today we have hundreds of time saving inovations that should actually give us much more free time for family and other things. I wonder if any of you even realize what a struggle it was just to stay alive back in the days before computers, cars, super highwawys, microwaves, telephones, natural gas and propane tanks and electricity.

Just for fun, let's compare a few activities from then and now.

Going to the store

Now. Jump in car. Drive to store. 5 minutes. Drive home 5 minutes

Then. Catch horse. 20 minutes. Groom and saddle horse. 10 minutes. Ride to town. 30 minutes. (depending on distance to town, and condition of horse) Ride home. 30 minutes. Cool down, Unsaddle, brush, feed, and water horse and take it back to pasture. 45 minutes.

And heres another one, even more complicated.

Fixing a chicken dinner

Today. Go to store and buy chicken and bring it home. 20 minutes. Season, put in pan put in microwave and cook. 30 minutes.

Then. Feed chickens 365 days per year. 3650 minutes. Get scalding pot filled with water and heated. 10 minutes. Catch chicken. 2 minutes Behead chicken and wait for flopping to stop. 5 minutes. Scald chicken and pick feathers. 20 minutes. Gut chicken and cut up. 10 minutes. Cook chicken, (remember you can't just turn the knob on the stove, you have to gather wood and build a fire first too) 60 minutes.

So really, I can't understand why we think we are so much bussier today than we used to be.

Well in my opinion all the father actios are justified...

I think it's justified, not because of Facebook, but because she basically went against what her father liked. I'm sure he's the one that bought it for her, so it's not like he was mad at her and destroyed her property. He was destroying what was basically his. And I believe he had every right to do so.

Though I have mixed feelings about the video... I can see where he's coming from and all, I just think it may have been a little extreme.

Some people really stepped on the point here. Computers were supposed to be a privillage tool and device to use. However, times change, look at things in the past such as a car. Used to be a rare expensive thing that not a lot of people cold afford and when you got one or knew someone with one it was the best thing in the world and you would look after it, the times changed and it didn't become such a 'rich mans' toy and became a general population tool and yes there are people that take advantage of it and no matter what things people have, it will always be taken advantage of because everyone will eventually have one. Yes, you can have a fully fledged education with out computers but will it be as good as it is now? As for the shooting it to pieces, little harsh in my opinion. However, that's the only way kids learn these days. I wouldn't smash it up I would confiscate it for a week or so.

The computer was brought into existence mainly to ease out the task of human beings, however many have failed to realize that the tool of convenience has started to become convenience itself. The incident in question is not an isolated one, it can be noticed in several households, what actually may be the issue is that the time that parents and children were supposed to spend together is being diverted to the desktop or the laptop. The child is not the only one who is busy with the computer, even many of the parents also prefer dedicating their time working on the computer. I would never say that spending time on the computer can be done away with altogether, but getting addicted is no way going to be helpful. Everyone in the family has to bear in mind that maintaining the love and attachment within the family has to be in the priority list, that would at least would ensure that the computer, which in essence is just a machine and can't be at fault on its own, is not shot into pieces.