xisto Community
velma

Vegetable,fruit Or Food You Hate Or Dislike

Thinking out eggnog got me thinking about certain foods that I simply detest namely

Capsicum :- I abhor this one vegetable from the bottom of my heart, quite honestly I am convinced that it is purely psychological since I can eat it when I am forced to but given a choice, I will chuck them in & out of places faster than you can think. I dislike the taste of eggplants(brinjal) but don't mind them all that much.. What I do mind is the capsicum.. **shudders**

Cashew Fruit :- My first and last time experience of eating the cashew fruit (not the dry fruit but the other stuff), my mother told me of how "yummy" and "succulent" it is.. Wow! I was disappointed and have never tried one ever since. I still refuse to eat it lest the evil memories come back to me :D

Food :- Certain seafoods don't seem to agree with my palette and all those combinations of sweet + meat (honey & ham and so on).. I cannot stand to eat meat that is on the sweeter side and even though I love sushi, I can't seem to ever eat squid (I almost cried tears of blood when my bowl of squid refused to finish)

What about you guys? Anything that seems to disagree with your palette?

I can pretty much eat anything that doesn't eat me first. Almost. One good healthy thing about me is I have a cast iron stomach. I feel bad sometimes for hubby, nearly anything and everything bothers him causing stomach pains. About the only thing that ever bothers me is soy protien and sometimes beans. You know those cheap hotdogs? They do make me belch like crazy. Funny thing is, hubby dearly loves corn bread and beans, and chili, and those are about the only thing that gives me stomach cramps.

I can't think of a fruit I dislike, but it depends on how it's prepared, for example I can't eat avocado just like that, but I can if it's in a nice salad. But I can eat bananas, olives, tomatoes, but don't really like tomato juice, it's disgusting ;)As I said in another topic, I can't eat an egg which is not cooked or baked, but it's not a fruit of course.I don't really eat meat like tongue, liver and etc. I prefer ham and etc.Also I practically don't eat anything what is from sea or lakes, I mean I can't eat all the fish, I hate them! Can't stand sea food and even sea vegetables stinks for me, I mean I even can't stand sea cabbage.I don't like sushi, but I can eat rice from it :DAlso I don't eat those kind of foods like they do in east world: snakes, cockroaches and etc. I couldn't eat snails or frogs too, it's quite disgusting for me.Moreover, I've read that people in South America likes to eat guinea-pigs, just like in Europe we like to eat chicken, it's strange for me though, as we have guinea-pigs like pets at home :D

Edited by Quatrux (see edit history)

I like most fruits and fruit juices, but I too do have a dislike for tomato juice.I love fish and seafood, but I am not keen on fresh water fish (trou, carp etc.), i think they taste sort of "muddy", there is one exception, however, i like river eels.Most meats are fine for me too, except if they have to much fat and/or sinews in them, for example, I love a juicy steak (rumpsteak etc.), but do not give me sirloin, which is full of fat and has sinews running through it all over the place.Just like Quatrux, I would not eat anything like snake, rat, scorpion, frogs legs, snails and the likes, and certainly not (like they do in some parts of China and the Philippines) dog meat.Unlike what velma said, a combination of sweet and savoury can be nice, for example, a great one we often eat is roast chicken with chips and tinned peaches (not fresh ones), give that a try and I am sure you will feel like you are in heaven.This is, however, a difficult topic, because tastes differ so much from person to person, but it is neverthelees nice to compare what people do and do not like.

I can pretty much eat anything that doesn't eat me first. Almost. One good healthy thing about me is I have a cast iron stomach. I feel bad sometimes for hubby, nearly anything and everything bothers him causing stomach pains. About the only thing that ever bothers me is soy protien and sometimes beans. You know those cheap hotdogs? They do make me belch like crazy. Funny thing is, hubby dearly loves corn bread and beans, and chili, and those are about the only thing that gives me stomach cramps.

If you were to plop food onto my dish, I usually eat it whether I like or not. I could probably die eating it but would since it is my plate (I was brought up to eat whatever was given >_<). I love eating, this is something a lot of people I know would vouch for.. If you ain't eating, I probably would have already started eating it lol. My mother has an intolerance for protein like you.. Soya, sprouts or any other vegetarian protein (she doesn't eat meat or eggs) gives her serious cramps... I LOVE what your hubby loves.. There is still awesome indian sabzi or accompaniment that is made out of beans.. I could probably eat it by the kilo.

As I said in another topic, I can't eat an egg which is not cooked or baked, but it's not a fruit of course.

I don't really eat meat like tongue, liver and etc. I prefer ham and etc.

The main reason I am totally against egg nog is because it is made of raw egg... The ironic fact is that I have eaten a lot of raw eggs when I was a teenager... My friends love eating the bone marrow of any given animal.. **shudders** Wow, I hate the taste of that and the liver.. :mellow:

I don't like sushi, but I can eat rice from it :D

HA HA HA HAHAHAHAH HAHA :lol:

I like most fruits and fruit juices, but I too do have a dislike for tomato juice.

I love fish and seafood, but I am not keen on fresh water fish (trou, carp etc.), i think they taste sort of "muddy", there is one exception, however, i like river eels.

Most meats are fine for me too, except if they have to much fat and/or sinews in them, for example, I love a juicy steak (rumpsteak etc.), but do not give me sirloin, which is full of fat and has sinews running through it all over the place.

Just like Quatrux, I would not eat anything like snake, rat, scorpion, frogs legs, snails and the likes, and certainly not (like they do in some parts of China and the Philippines) dog meat.

Unlike what velma said, a combination of sweet and savoury can be nice, for example, a great one we often eat is roast chicken with chips and tinned peaches (not fresh ones), give that a try and I am sure you will feel like you are in heaven.

This is, however, a difficult topic, because tastes differ so much from person to person, but it is neverthelees nice to compare what people do and do not like.

If you come to India, you'll see that all the food is heavily tainted with masalas and flavors that are generally either spicy or salty.. Though the kashmiri pulao is a sweet rice dish with different veggies & dry fruits (obviously I do not like that either :P) As for the fat bit, I totally agree with you, I can't handle fatty portions but only select places will give you rare & medium rare steaks, again every meat here is cooked well done and then some yet remains juicy... **sigh** you should come here for some authentic Indian dishes... Simply to die for. Dogs, guinea pigs and other lovable pets will not be seen on my plate but If I am desperate enough, I would probably eat some weird exotic meat.

Eeels... I had it only once and I can probably live my life without wanting it again.. It was an ok experience.. Maybe the restaurant didn't do it right but it didn't really leave a lasting impression for me. And I don't like fresh water fish too, there is always something iffy in the way they taste..

When I originally wrote the topic, I could remember only a few things I disliked but now that I read what others have read... It sort of reminded me of other dishes I don't mind eating but am not all that fond of.

Yes, I agree when it comes to Indian food.I like an Indian curry now and then, especially the kofte (meat balls, or is it kofta?), a nice chicken or beef curry is great too, and I am also very keen on (apart from kofte) a lovely prawn curry (told you I like seafood).About the eels, it is quite possible the restaurant did not do them properly, plain fried eels, for example, are great when done the right way, ie. fried with some onion and lemon.And then there are all the varieties you have on the dish: eels in cream and pepper sauce, eels in plain cream sauce, eels done the way of the chef of the particular restaurant you are in, the varieties are endless.The only one I don't like are "eels in green", which are fried eels in a sauce of all green vegetables (spinach, charvil, parsley etc).I can assure you if I cooked eels for you, you would remember them for some time to come (and, yes, for the right reasons :P ).By the way, if you can ever let me have a recipe for a vindaloo, I wouldn't mind doing one of those.

i have taken to drinking flavoured water the past few months it has a lot of different fruits like apples, stawberries, blackberriesand a lot of other berries and fruits it taste nicer than drinking coke and it is cheaper,but the fruits i hate is bananas, and the veg is cucumbers they taste horrible i bought one not to long ago and thought itwas going to be lovely was i disappointed, i like Lettuce, and peppers its nice on a warm summers day.