xisto Community
sheepdog

Warning For Southern California Pet Owners

Just got the most awful news from my sister in law. There is a dog serial killer going around in the little California town they live in, there have been 16 dogs killed by poison in the past 3 days! My sister in law's little pug died at 2:30 am today. They are devistated. They really loved that dog, spoiled her rotten, poor brother in law had to have a seditive already, they are just heart broken. It is so hard for me to fathom the depth of depravity that would make someone do something as awful as this. To randomly kill innocent animals that are beloved family pets is a real low for humanity. These were not nusance dogs running loose terrorizing the neighborhood, the little pug was in a fenced yard, was not a problem dog at all, she was over weight and like most pugs, could barely get enough wind to woof a little, hardly a barking nusance. This is so very sad.

Just got the most awful news from my sister in law. There is a dog serial killer going around in the little California town they live in, there have been 16 dogs killed by poison in the past 3 days! My sister in law's little pug died at 2:30 am today. They are devistated. They really loved that dog, spoiled her rotten, poor brother in law had to have a seditive already, they are just heart broken.
It is so hard for me to fathom the depth of depravity that would make someone do something as awful as this. To randomly kill innocent animals that are beloved family pets is a real low for humanity. These were not nusance dogs running loose terrorizing the neighborhood, the little pug was in a fenced yard, was not a problem dog at all, she was over weight and like most pugs, could barely get enough wind to woof a little, hardly a barking nusance. This is so very sad.

That is just terrible news Sheepdog, I hope your family recovers :( It has to be the worst feeling, to lose a pet but to lose one so traumatically can be really devastating to the owner. All kinds of cruel people exist in this world, we had an incident in our country where some moronic people poisoned 20 stray dogs in broad daylight, despite having witnesses, the car plate number and details, the criminals are to be apprehended... That is really pathetic, I hope the idiot(s) responsible for this heinous act is caught and if not put behind bars, he should be lynched. I am usually very wary of my surroundings so I always walk my dogs on open grounds keeping them away from grass and foreign objects, was the puppy poisoned in her own yard? If yes, then that is just plain wrong..

I guess owners right now need to keep their pets indoor and avoid letting them off their leashes. It is amazing how much inconvenience and pain these animals and their owners are going to go through for no fault of theirs. I hope the little pug didn't suffer :( May she rest in peace and try to get your sister to adopt another puppy, it is going to be hard but they need to do it in order to move on. Let's all hope that idiot responsible for this is caught real soon.

The poor little pug was in her own fenced in yard. She never even went outside except to potty. The criminals had to have just tossed the poison bait in the yard for her to find. I am not sure what kind of poison it was, but it was some really BAD stuff. They actually lost 2 of their dogs, one was dead in less than 30 minutes. It went into seizures and in 30 minutes it was dead and gone. I have no idea what kind of poison works that fast, but it did. The police are looking into it, but you know how that goes, when it comes to dogs, I'm not sure if it would be a high pryority with the local law inforcement. However they may be a bit more serious about it since they are considering the fact that it could be a trial run for terrorist testing a new kind of poison to later use on humans. My family didn't have their dog autopsied, but several of the other 16 that were killed have been sent in. One thing I can pretty well asure you, if the purps are caught, they won't be long on this earth. I know one old man that will kill them grave yard dead if given half a chance.

I don't really see why anybody would do such a thing, especially to a family pet. These were not feral dogs. How depressed do you have to be to go and kill other people dogs' :huh:

Yeah, I think that's wrong, especially if the animal wasn't even attacking people. It reminds me of a high school's situation where they had a pet goat mascot and during the rival game time (where the schools usually play pranks on each other for fun), their goat was taken by the rivals and hung on the school grounds. For no other reason than "as a prank."

here a bout a week or so ago a dog was burned alive by kids and survived but sadly the owners had to put the dog to sleep because the dog was in so much pain, some people are evil again animals any person who attacks animals should face a very long prison sentence.