xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dadman

Why Do We Put Our Children In Public School?

Where do we get the idea that it's a good thing to put our children in a position to learn their morals from children who are equally emotionally unprepared with minimal adult supervision? Just one of the MANY ways we put our children through the fire!

Where do we get the idea that it's a good thing to put our children in a position to learn their morals from children who are equally emotionally unprepared with minimal adult supervision? Just one of the MANY ways we put our children through the fire!

This is a hard one, and I'd probably classify it as a "necessary evil." While it does have its negative effects, the fact of the matter is that it helps teach people what society expects of them. Despite personal feelings, society's views are what you have to live up to, regardless as to whether or not you agree with them.

I really can't answer your question, I have no idea where such a foolish notion came from! Maybe from the same mind set that thinks our goverenment should protect us and care for us in every form and fashion? Who cares about freedom, just keep me safe mentality! Of course, once the kids are in public school the education they get helps to foster this notion that we need big government to keep us. And now is when I am going to miss anwiii, as he isn't here to bust my chops over this post! :rolleyes:

well i am not sure of what region you are or what country you are from?? but here in america i see there are equal advantages and disadvantages of putting our children in public schools.the advantages are, the education, the experience, personally i see the level of education here is much more better than other countries, but still depending of the student itself and his or her family.and the disadvantages are, the chance of being influnced by the weong person and affecting by them and consequently they will learn bad habits and morals, but also that depends on his or her family to stop that effect. and i really think that private schools have the same advantages and disadvantages but in a different level depending on that school.all in all, we are, the families should pay attention more if we don't want our children to be affected by their community.

Despite personal feelings, society's views are what you have to live up to, regardless as to whether or not you agree with them

I REALLLY REALLY wish you were wrong on this point, but your probably not. So....how do we go about changeing the opinions of society? I know it can be done. Take the unwed mother situations. Years ago it was a serious disgrace to be born out of wedlock. I have an elderly friend who was, and she has suffered from that her entire life. when she was working at the nursing home not too many years ago, she overheard two old men saying, about her, "that's old so and so's "woods colt." ( the more polite way to say ba$tard.) Now a days it seems to be no big deal at all. Nobody gives a hoot. There is virtually no social stigma attatched to it at all.

My own occupation has been greatly demonized by the animal rights groups. They pound into the publics perception that if you breed a dog you are a murderer as you are taking homes from shelter animals, or you are enslaving dogs and forcing them to breed to make money, which makes you (according to them) more evil than the devil himself. It's pretty hard to get the word out that what I do brings joy and happyness to so many people. It inriches their lives, and in the case of service dogs, it enables many handicapped people to enjoy a fuller and richer life, more independance and freedom than they would have without their service animal.

Putting kids through public school helps in social development because the children would be able to learn to deal with different kinds of people. Children are put through different kinds of situations but they do not necessarily have to face them alone - they still have their parents to consult when they get back home. Just as the iron is strengthened by putting it through fire, children develop a strong sense of morals by dealing with the evils that surround them when they gain interactions with other people with varying morals.

You know, that's just about the best reason for sending your kids to public school as I've ever heard! You are absolutly right. The only down side is that there are far too many parents that are morally bankrupt and not capable of giving their children the proper support and background to make it threw the trials and tribulations of the public school system. Parents run the gamut from those who think their children can do no wroung and are perfect little angels and it has to be the fault of other children, to those parents who really don't give a hoot what their kids do and give them no supervision at all.

In countries where education is corrupted it doesn’t make difference whether you put children in public or private schools.I have seen ignorant teachers, the outcome of a bad education system, giving kids bad example and teaching them wrong concepts.In the third world unless you can afford the elite schools it doesn’t really make a diference.Parents also have their share. They don’t spend enough time with their kids to teach them something valuable, that’s the main problem.